Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The E.trac Top Dog On Pasture.?  (Read 17476 times)
Gazza

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 06:22:37 AM »

i agree with phil stick with what you know i've change my machine 3 times this year and i've gone back the frist machine i had 12yrs ago
mine exlp
hedgehog
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 06:29:23 AM »

An interesting post, does fatigue set in with the E-trac or is it lighter and can be used longer without feeling k*******d?
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 08:03:00 AM »

I think the E.tracs return of signal is much quicker  than the Explorers(I dont know the about S.E) maybe thats the
secret of deeper signals in pasture.  I suffer  from Parrkinson disease and find the balance of the Etrac much better
on the arms than the Explorer.  Smiley Smiley Smiley..
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 08:18:24 AM »

I seem to remember that Toddy decided the V3 was better than the E-Trac in the end.

Having had both I kept the Nautilus and bought another as a back up in case of need of repairs. I've done a report on the V3 for another forum. "Put alloy wheels and go faster stripes on a Lada and its still a Lada". But I don't like the Explorer range either because all its problems could have been sorted years back and I feel they like to drip the modifications out to "encourage" you into the next revision rather than sorting everything out in one go.

Some will say the Whites TDI would be the best bet especially on bad ground (though the GS5 is better again) and no one ever mentions the Nexus.
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 08:42:44 AM »

Maybe I shouldnt have used Toddy or MLO as a examples. But II was at Stixwould rally where a deep scatterred stater hoard was found . Almost every  top machine was on that field and only Explorer 11 with big search  coils located the
14ins depth coins. The ground was clean and I feel the Etrac is a improvement  on the E11.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 08:44:17 PM »

Oh don't get me wrong Rob, I do think the Etrac is a superb detector and in my 30 year experience the deepest I have ever used but only if conditions allow, (as with all detectors) but on certain sites others do better.
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 07:28:32 AM »

Do the sef coils improve detection on the explorers ?

are we talking a matter of an inch or greater depths ?

Having been faithful to minelab for 4yrs, have not really experienced other manufacturers, are there other detectors out there that detect as good as the explorer range?Huh?

Its always been a dilema, you change a setting and find a deep coin, was it the change or just you swept at a different angle.

Same with new detector, deep coin : must be because its a new better detector  Grin not because last time you missed the target or swept at a different speed.

Manufacturers all know we want depth, if they can persuade us to keep buying their new models, their quids in  Roll Eyes

In reality, there probably isnt much difference between models in performance, just looks and sounds  and price !!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 07:35:05 AM by outlaw » Logged
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 08:37:44 AM »

Lets forget the hype, all  my pasture is now a brand new site because of E.Trac that  is fact..
Landyman

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 11:21:49 PM »

Outlaw quoted:
"Imotin, unless you detect using both detectors and compare signals, your statement is pure speculative,"
I made the statement after comparing both detectors on same signals before digging them. I also have a lot of experience of using both detectors so I think that I know what I am talking about.
hedgehog
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 11:34:58 PM »

I think it has been said many times before, it depends on the user, if you have bought a detector get the best possible use out of it that you can, don't listen to the hype, until they make advances in technology they have gone as far as they can with detectors.
The best detector out there is the one you have at the moment and enjoy using, hope your finds are many!
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2009, 11:04:10 AM »

Having owned and used various makes and models over the years I,ve come to the informed conclusion not one machine will do it all :(contary to hype /belief having owned three minelabs a sovereign xs2a aquattro and at present an explorer 11 theres a big differance in preformance between these three with the exlporer definately being the deepst and fastest of the three never used the se apparently same preformance as the 11 differant wrapping same parcel but it appears the etrac is a differant beast altogether  Shocked faster recovery speed  cleaner signals wether it,s deeper than the explorer 11 is another matter Huh between using the explorer 11 which is the deepest machine that I use the goldmaxx in the iron contamination and the whites m6 is very good on the modern trashy areas these three cover Just about every site Wink

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2009, 08:36:49 AM »

I think the Explorer II was the deepest Explorer but the E-Trac edges it out as though deep weak signals have a little boost applied.

The Whites TDI though a very limited machine in many respects, and a poor man's GS5, will kill most machines on bad ground (and only bad ground).
The Nexus has its own limitations but Buzzerman told me that there's a very sucessful user of one mid Wales somewhere.

However good the machine weight/balance is still a major factor and you do see people at rallies starting out very well but an hour later they are stopping for breaks and their sweep pattern has gone to pot. A detector has to suit you and your detecting style or your unlikely to enjoy using it.
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2009, 09:38:57 AM »

i dont know what you lads are on about that is so a load of bull ive went head to head with the ex11 and the e track on the same field and beat the two of them with the xs the ex11 could not find the target i found to deep for it and the e track only a one way on it that happend three times on the test but to be fair on the e track rich did not have it long so do think he had tuned a bit green but i know for sure the xs is deeper and rejects iron more that the ex11 and its down to the person useing it still a load of hype hype hype Smiley

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2009, 09:05:46 PM »

Well!! Phil  Cheesy all I can say is from my experience using the machines I,ve owned the xs not being one  Huh if you could put the proof in the pudding I,d get an xs tomorrow  Grin  but the Jedi master has programmed my machine he goes by the alias of border fox I ,ve got to give credit where credit is due I,m reaching depths  never thought possible as you rightly say no one machine does it all one mans meat is another mans poison   Wink

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 05:46:43 PM »

yes mole im sick of saying that program is mine which i put in john(border fox) detector and he,ve give it to every  man and his dog and just for the record i got a new ex11 and got rid of it mate not as good as the xs  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 05:55:14 PM by coleggwent(phil) » Logged

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal