Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The E.trac Top Dog On Pasture.?  (Read 17532 times)
Spooyt Vane
« on: August 05, 2009, 10:21:41 AM »

One of the reasons I like pasture, especially old pasture ,theres good chance of recovering complete artefacts and not
damaged by  plough or fertilliser. I have been in hobby 34yrs and have had dozens of machines and nothing
comes close to Etrac on pasture. Old sites have become active again with etrac locating finds at superb depths.
Marvellous detector in my opinion,
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 10:23:15 AM by Spooyt Vane (Rob) » Logged
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 10:54:11 AM »

I agree with the pasture producing the better and complete artefacts and coins.

I have never tried the E-Trac, so I am unable to comment, but my Explorer 2 still astonished me on pasture - I regularly go further than 12 inches down.

For ploughed by favourite has always been my trusty old Musketeer - a cracking machine. For any newbies out there you can pick up a Minelab Muskateer pretty cheap on ebay {under £200 for a professional detecting machine is a bargain} now as they seem to have been forgotten about. They don't miss much and is responsible for loads of my hammered coins. Unfortunatley it likes coke though and not the sniffing kind! Roll Eyes Never selling mine - its a cracking back up.

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 09:16:20 PM »

The se pro is excellent on pasture, but doesnt like fresh airiated soil or recently ploughed.

Always pondered buying something else for fresh ploughed ground, might look at this musketeer !

Dont see the point in changing se for e.trac, both machines are same spec, except for usb port, another hole for water!!
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 09:53:54 PM »

Outlaw you might like try a E,trac in field tests against the S.e. When Toddy Irwin tried the E.Trac against the S.E
the E.Trac beat it hands down. Smiley Smiley Smiley
Landyman

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 10:05:39 PM »

I have had the SE and now have the ETrac. They seem to have the same performance and depth but the E Trac is quieter than SE when used at high sensitivity settings. Rob, I agree that the E Trac is best machine for pasture and I am finding stuff in fields that I thought I had emptied.
outlaw

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 07:38:22 PM »

[Outlaw you might like try a E,trac in field tests against the S.e. When Toddy Irwin tried the E.Trac against the S.E
the E.Trac beat it hands down/quote]

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 07:40:40 PM by outlaw » Logged
outlaw

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 07:41:07 PM »

Richie on central searchers also field tested the explorer 11 and se pro and e.trac, the e.trac didnt win any prizes !!

However, If my se, God forbid broke or was lost, I would buy as i would advise anyone, to buy the latest technology, which is the e.trac.

I dont hold much confidence in Toddy, but then thats my personal view.

Imotin, unless you detect using both detectors and compare signals, your statement is pure speculative,
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 08:55:55 PM »

On M L.O.the general opinion (not just Toddys) is the E.trac  is the best detector brought out by Minelab. Would you
you buy a machine thats no better than what you got? Tell that to the experienced users on M.L.O...
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »

Hi all, back after a bit of a work change.
OK well first about MLO, there are not many people about who would admit that their £1300 investment wasn't the best, me included, plus Neil, Gog, Tony etc are pretty dedicated to using the Etrac and know it inside out.
I have been using mine for about 7 months and yes it is a fantastic bit of kit and on a clean site (no iron) it is sooo deep but i have also been using Sovereigns for 15 years and with a 12x15 SEF not much can touch it on clean pasture.
the site I am detecting at the moment is probably the worst I have ever been on for iron and the Etrac even running wide open is totally confused, so is the Sovereign but the Xtera copes better but still hates the iron, I have just got a T2 and it loves it so does my mates Trident. So I don't think there is one daddy that does it all. It all depends on the type of ground your on
outlaw

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 09:43:57 PM »

" Beauty is in the eye of the beholder "  Grin

coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 09:52:10 PM »

well said geff i do agree its not the detector its were you use it all this hype about this so called super detectors yes it do help if you know your machine so sick to what you know Smiley

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 10:20:25 PM »

Geoff my advice to you is to use 8ins by 6ins sef coil on your iron infested areas, That is a little beauty and works
a treat in my beholding eyes. Grin Grin Grin
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 10:29:43 PM »

Hi Rob
I have the 8x6 SEF and though better it is still hard work and only pulls the depth down to  under that of the T2.
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 11:37:25 PM »

I used to own a t2 and the sites Which went quiet (pasture)are now active again  including the iron infested areas. The t2 was a superb machine and i had a chance use it on scatterred hoard  site. It pulled out lot of hammereds,but only the
E,trac got  the deep ones, I had the T2 for 3yrs and put in hundreds of hours with but its not the same league as the
E.trac in my opinion Smiley Smiley Smiley
outlaw

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 06:09:04 AM »

One thing that amazed me during the launch of this e.trac, was the imediate search for a different coil  ( sef )to improve its performance, which to me defeats the object in buying it. Un less you wanted a supposed new look tector and listened to the sales hype thats still floating !

1.5khz range on last  3 explorers now e.trac,

so someone explain to me, how can it search deeper ?

There are so many reasons why certains targets are detected on one day compared with another, wet dry, slower swing speed etc etc.

I wish that minelab would cure its inability on the se explorer 11 to search over freshly ploughed ground, without having to buy a second machine.

Its a pity that we all cannot have a temporary swap of detectors to experience their individual performance.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 06:15:25 AM by outlaw » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal