Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: DetectingWales.com - Rally Number Seven - Blackwood. The Ancient Pat Rally!  (Read 22623 times)
Jeffc

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 06:47:34 PM »

Great day out and many thanks to Digga. I knew I should have followed Pat when I saw him heading past me down the  track! Just to add that my strange Joey is in fact a normal one but someone (I can't believe it occurred naturally) has had a right go on the reverse practically obliterating the value and date with small cuts making it look almost patterned.
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2009, 06:50:48 PM »

a greta day out, great finds shown here, all i got was a 1955 shilling and a 1975 shilling which i duly gave to Phil Ynysyboeth.

we did 292 miles and met some great people, who made us very welcome. thanks to all who stopped to chat. i raise my glasss of cabernet sauvignon and toast your good fortune.

particular thanks to digga who save me gonads from disaster!!

cheers

mr & mrs handyman

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 06:54:04 PM »

HAHA   THAT  BARBED WIRE  WAS A BIT  ON THE  NASTY SIDE ,,,,,    GLAD YOU  HAD A NICE DAY  AND  RETIRED   WITH  YOUR  LOVESPUDS  INTACT      Grin Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
Richy
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 06:55:27 PM »

Superb write-up Neil (as always) and a great day out.

Special thanks to Digga for the land, Geoff for the organisation, colleggwent(Phil) for the lift to the rally, Phil Ynysboeth for the Roman CD and Phil again along with Borderfox(John) for their excellent company.  Smiley Smiley

I hope you all enjoyed the day as much as I did.

Richy.

You can show a gift horse water but a pencil must be lead.
Spooyt Vane
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 07:25:46 PM »

Well done folks it looks like you had great day with great finds Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Beefy (GARETH)

WHERES DA BEEF

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2009, 07:29:50 PM »

WELL DONE ALL WHO HAD GREAT FINDS IT WAS A GOOD DAY AND THE SUN WAS OUT FOR ONCE............. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2009, 07:32:06 PM »

Great report Neil. Thanks to Digga and the team for amother great rally. Like all of us, I'm in awe of Pat's detecting skill  Cool

Didn't get a lot myself - a few pennies and a 1967 sixpence, couple of buttons, bit of hallmarked scrap silver and the biggest jew's harp I've seen. Had a good time though - can't wait for the next one Grin

ancientpat

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 07:37:40 PM »

Thanks for the rally Digga I'm sure that it's possible that a few more could be still in the spot we searched and worth another look when you next visit the site. Good write up again from Neil and thanks to Geoff for organisation, I'm sure his legs must be an inch shorter the number of times he walked up and down the hill!!
I don't know what to say about my finds it's becoming embarrasing !!!
Roll on the next one !!

Pat. Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 07:54:43 PM »

NICE WRITE UP THERE NEIL  WELL DONE BUD ,,,, STAN  I GOT  YOUR  SHOVEL  AND IM  HOLDING IT FOR RANSOM  TILL YA TELL ME HOW TO FIND HAMMIES   Grin Grin Grin   NO I WILL POP IT TO THE NEXT RALLY FOR YA BUD  OR PM ME WHERE YOU LIVE  AND  I WILL SEE IF I CAN GET IT TO YA  Wink Wink

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
proconsul
Proconsul

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2009, 07:59:12 PM »

Thanks to Digga for donating such a good site. The scenery alone made the trip up the hill worthwhile and lots of interesting finds came up. We're considering whether we should put up the rally entry fee for ancient pat or just demand a cut of his finds... Grin

Thanks to everyone for turning up. As usual there was a great atmosphere at the rally. Thanks also to everyone who donated to the Derek Jones Memorial Fund. I will let Phil tell you how much was raised. As usual thanks to Neil for helping out at the rally and for writing another great report.

We're already planning the next DW rally. I'll post details as soon as arrangements are finalised.

Geoff
hedgehog
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2009, 08:05:15 PM »

Sounds like a great day, didn't anyone walk in front of Pat, he is a gold magnet , well done Pat!
Gadget(Ian)

R.A.R.E. & F.I.D.Member.E trac User

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2009, 08:05:39 PM »

Cheers digga for a great day.well done pat on your amazing finds again.hope you can get into the container i gave you for the coin of the day Wink.jadestar hope you got home ok nice to meet you.looking forward to the next rally.
digga has thrown down the gauntlet this time.it will take some beating well done all a very enjoyable day. Grin Grin Grin  

A bad days detecting is better than a good day at work.
onehorseAl( Al)

FID,Explorer !! & Deus User

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2009, 08:12:51 PM »

Thanks to all concerned for another smashing day out with the Gang.Great scenery,lovely sunshine and good company.Looking forward to the next one.
Al Smiley Smiley Smiley

Let the world go away 'cos I'm Bleeping today.
cardiff bats (Paul)

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2009, 08:21:16 PM »

Cheers digga, i had a great day....First ever coin which is a silver viccy three pence 1893,nice button and what i think, and a few others thought could be is a spear head. I will try to put photos on soon.
Bats Grin Grin Grin

Civility costs nothing....Excellence even less
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2009, 08:25:58 PM »

Bats the pic i took of your Joey came out blurred fella , post it up if you can. Oh aye , I totally forgot about your Iron 'spearhead' ?  interesting to find out what that is.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal