Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: links  (Read 3571 times)
altinkum

« on: July 31, 2009, 04:41:22 PM »

i've just clicked on 3 threads with titles that interested me only to find their links to newspaper articles or the like. is there anyway admin can put link or something similar by these post's so members with no interest can skip them as this forum is getting cluttered with them on a daily basis.  mike

explorers, my arse
romano-brit

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 05:03:21 PM »

gotta agree with you there mate, theres only so many times you read an article from some newspaper about 20 years ago

its getting boaring now!!

2011/2012 Finds

Roman silver: 2/0
Hammies: 7/1
Milled silver: 17/0
Gold artifacts: 1/0
Gold coins: 0/0
DIG IT! (ADIE)

X-TERRA 70 user explorer 11

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 05:06:04 PM »

Yep i agree i dont mind seeing any new articles but it does get a bit tedious Wink

Heavy metal nut that digs loads of iron
altinkum

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »

it's not just newspaper articles it's links to coin sites/buckles/broochs/fireman sam if anyone wants to do some research into something they've only got to google it. the topic board is starting to get snowed under with mundane threads just for the sake of putting something up. if you hav'nt got anything interesting to say dont say it unless your trying to get your post count up to knobhead status

explorers, my arse
romano-brit

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 05:31:54 PM »

plus all the pointless things like guess the film/coin, its ok a couple of times but then its like, um why bother?

2011/2012 Finds

Roman silver: 2/0
Hammies: 7/1
Milled silver: 17/0
Gold artifacts: 1/0
Gold coins: 0/0
DIG IT! (ADIE)

X-TERRA 70 user explorer 11

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 05:34:57 PM »

Watch it milsy you might get up to knob head status Lips sealed

Heavy metal nut that digs loads of iron
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 08:00:42 PM »

the reason being     so many   guess the  film   or   coin  etc  is on here  is  so people can test  themselves  on their  knowledge ,,,,,   also  you  may  of  niticed  it  has  been  bucketing down with rain  for the last few weeks  so no one  has been out ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,    i   personally  put  all those  coin sites  on here  because  i felt  it  may  be  of use  to  some people ,,,   not  to  get  to  ,,,,,,,  as  someone  put  it ,,, knobhead   status ,,,, quite frankly  i dont care a shit  if i am a newbie  or a superhero  as long as i can  pop on here  and  see the  posts ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   if thats  what people think  about  the posts i put on  regarding  coin  sites   etc     then  boll**ks  to it   i wont  bother  doing it  any more       Angry Angry Angry Angry

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 08:22:47 PM »

so  much  for trying to be helpfull  ,,,,, i tell you  what  ,,,, everyone  who reads this   dont bother putting  any  jokes ,,, guess the  film ,,, guess the  coin   ,,,  guess the  artifact   or  any  links  on  here  any more   and lets all see how long  the  site  lasts  for  shall we      Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
detectordave

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 08:28:16 PM »

lets face it not all your posts are intresting to everyone either altinkum but at least some people do try to make things more intresting keep it up digga Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
altinkum

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 08:37:58 PM »

i'm not bothered by guess the film or jokes because the title say's it all. it's where there's an interesting title to a thread and only on opening it you find out it's a link so i was asking is there anyway admin can flag these threads so people dont have to open them if they have no interest in them. like you say you dont have to read them quite true but i'd rather not open a thread if it contains a link

explorers, my arse
altinkum

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 08:48:01 PM »

hey detector dave i dont remember signaling anyones post out in particilar just a general comment about the amount of links being put up on here. like you said not all my post's are interesting so you have the choice of reading or not. i'll have a trawl through your's in a minute to see what riviting stuff you've contributed to this site

explorers, my arse
detectordave

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 09:11:36 PM »

Probably about 150 more interesting than yours Smiley lol

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
altinkum

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 09:25:02 PM »

let's see a few of them detector dave

explorers, my arse
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 09:43:49 PM »

At present there are 381 members on this forum  Roll Eyes from absolute beginners to seasoned pros it is easy to critiscise others posts /links the majority of which are entertaining and informative especially to the greener element amongst if some of the more experienced members are "NOT AMUSED" they should contribute to the forum with some posts/links themselves as it,s already been stated you don,nt have to read everthing it,s OPTIONAL  Cheesy MOLE

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 11:22:04 PM »

Gentlemen calm down -  I think I can speak for Geoff and myself when I say we are quite content with the educational links, as long as thats what they are. After all it informs and educates us all. If people don't want to click on the links then choose not to - it really is that easy. After all Millsy would not have learnt what a Victorian carpet rod pin looked like otherwise!  Grin Grin Grin

The only ones we tend to freeze are the dedicated jokes -  even then though we let them stand and don't delete them, just they end up in the jokes only section and thats where they belong. If people want to look at them they can.

This site was formed as a detecting site for Welsh detectorists and anything related to it or detecting in general is welcome. If you want to post other stuff don't be offended if it doesn't stay on the main page long. If its detecting or relevant history related then it stays. Up to the user if they choose to go into it or not. As someone else mentioned we have loads of newbies here, who as the same as all of us need to learn the background info. What some of the seasoned detectorists take for old news is new news to some. I include myself in that.

cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal