Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: T2 vs GMP  (Read 7879 times)
hedgehog
« on: March 13, 2009, 11:12:17 AM »

Just wondering how the 2 detectors compare? I use the T2 and I am very happy with it , I have noticed that someone has both machines (Simon c) and would be interested to hear any comments on the machines.
simon c

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 01:05:40 PM »

;DNot sure that i would be able to compare both T2 and GMP with each other Steve,but i will try and explain my experience of the two.The main reason for buying the two is that they are completely different detectors and all though you can draw similarities the aplication of the detectors produces different results,the T2 is a mid range 13 khz machine and i find this is the best inland general perpous detector i have used,it is great on arable and pasture for small and large finds and allthough not the deepest detector it does gain a resonable depth,the GMP which is a 18khz ,is not in my opinion as good an all round detector but does excell in the specific task's that it was designed for i.e fast recovery speed in iron infested area's,very sensitive on small thin finds like broken fragments of hammereds.
The GMP in its auto setting will find less coke than the T2,but with practice you can learn the signal readings and ignore them,this is the main area i have exprienced differnces,when useing the T2 first,on one site which was coke and iron infested i failed to find a singal hammered coin,while going back over the site with the GMP i found the only hammered off the site,could be a million reasons why that happend but i feel it was down to the machines,or my interpitation of the information they gave.
I allso own and use an old Fisher 1265x which is a low 4.5khz machine,bycovering the 3 main frequencies i think i have coverd all bases  Roll Eyes thats the theory anyway.I did own 3 different minelabs and i can honestly say that i did not find half as many finds as with the higher singal frequency machines,but did gain greater depths.
Hope this helps answer some of yous questions Steve.
Ps where do i get a decent spell checker ?
hedgehog
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 01:14:46 PM »

Ever put them up against the explorers? Grin
simon c

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 01:27:42 PM »

Yes i owned an Explorer xs when i first bought the T2,other than depth theres no gain in the explorer,,can happily say i  have found more find's especially silver since owning the T2 and the GMP's not far behind. Grin
trys
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 04:29:30 PM »

Having never used a GMP i can't really comment, but I would not part with my T2. I've owned quite a few detectors includind a white's mxt which was a good machine, but like Simon the T2 has found me loads more than any of the others!
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 10:24:48 AM »

I have owned A GMP & presently own & use the F75 .I  also have used the T2 on occasion.
 As stated before the GMP and the T2 are different detectors entirely in the way they are used.
 Both ,it has to be said, are excellent detectors.
 The Goldmaxx Power runs in all metal ,where as the T2 can be set to run in Discrimination but can also be set to run in All metal also.
 I think the balance of the T2 is far Superior to the balance of the Goldmaxx ,and both are  a lightweight to swing.But because of this bizarre balance ,the T2 has it actually feels lighter than it is.
 Both have lightning fast recovery speed, but the T2`s  13 kHz ,against the Goldmaxx`s 18.6 kHz , gives the T2 better depth capabilities by far.
 There isn`t too much between these two detectors to be honest , as both are re known for doing the business when they have to when used by a capable user.  But if i had to choose between them, i would give the decision  to  the T2.

Reason !! the T2 can do virtually anything the Goldmaxx can do and even go deeper, but the Goldmaxx cannot do what the T2 can do.

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
hedgehog
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 06:20:36 PM »

Thanks for the info Jeb, I am interested in the F75 too! The other advantage to the T2 is the meter , it certainly helps when trying to decide whether you are getting a signal from coke or not.
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 06:14:06 PM »

Well I use the F75 so i suppose i`m going to be biased but if i thought the T2 was a better detector than the F75 i would use the T2 . But ! i use the F75 . Its deeper again than the T2 and is much more sensitive when used in the "JE" mode which is an extremely high gain mode.  You can set your settings on the field and switch off and when you switch back on again, your previous settings have been retained, unlike the T2 which loses the settings when switched off and has to be re set again to that setting you had before .
 The T2 doesn`t have a back light , the F75 does . its on all the time but uses NO extra power in doing so.
 Same stable T2 & F75 .   But  comparitivley A bit like a Ford focus Zetec, against  a Ford focus ST  respectively.

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 10:16:42 PM »

hi there guys what about the fisher f70 do anyone know what they are like what are the pluses if any or the negs cheers Wink

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 09:24:21 AM »

I had one brought up to my test bed that was supposed to be a F75 beater. It didn't manage it on bad ground thats for certain.

On dry sand you could near match performance though on a fine gold engagement ring it lagged behind. The Fisher is hot on small gold in the JE mode. There was a slight loss of sensitivity inland as well (cut hammered). I also prefer the stock coil of the F75.

The F75 I borrowed was a good machine and test bed results were a bit better than the F75 I had myself.  What I regret was not trying a coil swap as some think its the way to go with the 70. I should imagine by the time you have bought a second coil your then around the price of the F75.

If you must have new and don't want to spend to much then its a better detector than many at its price point. I myself would tend to go for a F75 or later model T2 thats a few months old or ex demonstrator.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal