Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Out today with Johnny and Mark 14/11/08  (Read 3024 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: December 14, 2008, 09:23:00 PM »

Out today about 1O.3O - the zero don't work - when Johnny made it to my house, we packed up, and were sent off to deepest, darkest, Splott to rescue Mark who was still wrapped in the arms of a wanton Swedish girl - oh to be single again!  Roll Eyes Good result mate!

Got Mark who was looking a little sheepish but up for detecting as ever. We headed to one of my sites in Lower Machen that I have had since I started. Spoke to the farner - he's cool with me having guests - hit a pasture with really good history surrounding it and found absolutley nothing! Went to another field same result!

Packed up and went door knocking, with Mark being the spokesman and hopefully the luck of the Swedish on his side! Grin First result no answer. Then a bizzare " We are very private people, so we don't allow metal detecting" response - whats that about?

Another couple of no's, no answer, or call back in an hour, so after 30 miles we went back to my site and went on the location of a 16thish Century house thats was set in what can only be described as a bog! - found nothing between us except a George II grot, couple of pewter buttons, some modernish coinage, and that was it.

You can't win them all though and it was a good day out, including a lovely sunset.

Better luck next time. Actually better luck tomorrow lads - let me know how it goes.

Neil

P.S, I got to see the most restruck hammered coin I have ever seen - Johnny post a picture mate! Richard 1st at a guess.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 09:29:07 PM by Neil » Logged

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
jaydogg
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 11:28:13 PM »

Yea shame mate; its been totally cleaned out!  Never mind, here are some of mine and Mark's more decent finds from about a months worth of detecting, enjoy.
jaydogg
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 11:32:05 PM »

Oh yea, will post a close up of that mis-struck hammered tomorrow. Its on the right of the above photo but the photo isn't great.
BottyBurp (Kris)

To "Search and Protect"

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 12:42:42 AM »

Never mind Neil, it happens to us all at some stage!

Better luck next time  Wink

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE & SIGN THE GUESTBOOK.
H.M.D.C. Member
S.H.R.A.D.S Member
N.C.M.D. Member
www.freewebs.com/krisupfold
www.freewebs.com/hucclecotemetaldetectingclub
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 09:41:24 AM »

Thats a pretty good month in anyones book Jaydogg! Nice cross section of finds - shame yesterday was so poor!

Laters
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
James

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 01:21:51 PM »

good month jaydogg!! win some lose some ay neil!!  Wink

Not to brag but I get Hammered weekly! usually on a Friday night !!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal