Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: T2 v F75  (Read 7843 times)
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« on: July 16, 2009, 09:56:08 AM »

Some will know that I had an early T2 from before they got into the U.S. detector stores. Great depth but poor build quality and intermittant problems so there was no way I would recommend it to anyone especially as the replacement I was provided with, though having the shaft improvements and updated software, didn't seem to have any raw power.

Managed to get my money back and held off until they started to be sold in the U.K. then bought another and when the F75 came out ran the two together for a few months.
Ended up selling the F75 and kept the T2 mainly for the wider discrimination down where we need it in ferrous.

Meanwhile a site appeared on the web covering the T2/F75 and then the later Bounty Hunter models. Andy NM's fisherF75.com Its a pretty balanced site giving details of the machines features and comparing one with another.
The F75 beat the T2 into second place on features and raw performance.
Andy is a dealer in Germany who sells these and other machines.

To cut a long story short, a year on and he's changed his mind. The important features of the Fisher he now concludes are not that important and he considers that the T2's performance has been upped to match that of the F75.
So for those wondering which to go for when buying new, the cheaper T2  is now not considered second best and is the better choice for European sites.

All I have to do now is find out at what point the performance was boosted !
hedgehog
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 11:12:06 AM »

Interesting that Brian, but still think the F75 appears to have a better build quality. Got myself a T2 just over 12 months ago and it is without doubt the best machine I have ever used for finding the goodies and seems to pick up the silver if it's there.
I think the prices have levelled out between the two now because of the cult following of the T2 and I think it would be fair to say that any competent T2 user wouldn't think twice about gettting another one if they could afford it.
They have certainly got it right with the machine, maybe it's the khz or the options you have for searching, I for one will keep using it until it retires!
U.K. Brian

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 08:42:32 AM »

Won't argue re the build quality as the T2 has always lagged though the older ones can be returned to be fully upgraded.
Many don't realise that machines are often upgraded performance wise without the manufacturer making a fuss and adding X or Pro to the name and upping the price.

On the other hand Arado improved their machines between releases of new models without saying. Perhaps if they had done it a different way they would have still been in business in the last ten years. Fisher was the same. Often the first versions were pretty poor and the depth and discrimination would be crept up over a couple of years.
StumbledUpon

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 06:43:47 PM »

Hi Brian/Hedgehog  Smiley Maybe they upped the performance when they upped the price, T2 costs £749 now just £10 cheaper than the f75, which has gone up £220 since I got mine just over 2 years ago, I think the best deal at the moment is the F70, £300 cheaper  Shocked thats what Id go for, stick a 12x10 sef and still get a saving of £150.
altinkum

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 07:24:19 PM »

your right max the t2 was £ioo cheaper than the f75 when they first came out.if you want good value for money deals ring pepsi piro if he can beat any other dealers price and make a profit it shows what other dealers are making and they got the cheek to make out their doing you a favour

explorers, my arse
U.K. Brian

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 09:03:02 AM »

A dealer told me he was buying in Explorers at £440, might have been £460, some years back when they were selling at just under a thousand. My Whites V3 cost me just over £800 delivered a few months back (the U.S. dealer had stayed with me in the past so was doing me a favour but said he wasn't losing any money).

Before the pound crashed I would buy machines in France and save at least £50 over the cheapest discount price here and you would get a three year warranty rather than the British two year.

The one thing I do have against the T2/F75 is the way the handle shaft connects to the main shaft. Rather flimsy and how it will cope with the larger SEF's over timeI don't know.
I had a larger concentric coil made for me and it started creaking with every sweep which was worrying in view of the repair cost. Deeper than the stock but a little more target masking.
simon c

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 03:14:03 PM »

Hi Brian/Hedgehog  Smiley Maybe they upped the performance when they upped the price, T2 costs £749 now just £10 cheaper than the f75, which has gone up £220 since I got mine just over 2 years ago, I think the best deal at the moment is the F70, £300 cheaper  Shocked thats what Id go for, stick a 12x10 sef and still get a saving of £150.
What are the upgrades Brian,and how much do they cost,I've had mine for 2yrs and am curious if there is much difference with the new model,as for the price i paid £475 2yrs ago so with the price now at £749 that's a large jump,is the performance worth the extra ?.
U.K. Brian

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 08:24:57 AM »

There's the build mods that were needed such as the lower shaft and the ones that are not strictly needed but nice to have such as the gasket round the meter to make the machine a little more rain/dust proof. You can pay to have this done but I can't remember the cost £50 perhaps. I didn't bother as the cover set for the machine is so good.

The performance mod might be in software or just a tweak of a pot on the circuit board. There's been no mention of what's been done. I asked Andy to update his site which he has now done. Hopefully as a dealer he will be able to find out if there's going to be the opportunity to "upgrade" your older machine or if its a case of having to buy new as with the move from XP Goldmaxx to Goldmaxx Power.
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 11:59:19 AM »

Brian!! why would anyone want to spend a considerable sum going from the goldmaxxmk1 to the power theres not a lot of differance in peformance the manufactures and modifiers neglect to mention the upgrades only offer a minimmal improvement at an extortionate cost detecting technology at present is virtually stagnant same parcel differant wrapping paper :(mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
U.K. Brian

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 09:33:02 AM »

I sold a detector at the weekend. Nearly was the Goldmaxx but in the end it was the Troy Shadow X5 that went.
Miss it already, but I've orders from the boss that the house is being buried in detectors and coils.

We had XP's, Shadows, Whites, Minelab, Treasure Baron with the Pro Hunter module, T2, Arado etc plus his Tesoro Tejon and on a test bed of ships halfpennies (fairly bad ground) all either failed to locate what is a fairly large coin or indicated it as iron at either seven or eight inches.

Coil sizes were matched as far as I could.

Of the straight motion machines the X5 did best. My wife's X3 did better than expected but it was fitted with the bigger X5 coil. The cheapest machine taking part was the original XP 200 and it did better than most as long as the speed was correct, couldn't be to slow or to fast.

I dragged out my old workhorse Nautilus (and it is old)  and that could manage eleven inches with correct non ferrous indication and that was with an 8" coil fitted. This was what put me off the V3. Loved the display, the colour, the infinate adjustments but there still wasn't any break-through on I.D. at depth.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal