Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Garret Probe  (Read 28698 times)
TheLoveDoc

Garret Ace 250 Minelab Safari

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 07:11:59 AM »

Ive had mine a couple of weeks now and its well worth the money, the closer to the target you get the more intense the tone from the probe gets mate its that simple...... really easy to clean to fella as you can wash it under a tap but cover the speaker area with your thumb just for added protection when washing  Wink

1 Gold ring - returned to owner.
1 Silver belt ring.
1 copper hammered
2 Thimbles
1lb Cannon Ball
3 William Love Tokens
150aceboy
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2009, 09:56:29 AM »

Don't own one myself but have used LoveDoc's Garrett Probe, thats all i can tell you mate their well worth the money, excellent  mate, loud and spot on at finding even the smallest of targets, and easy to clean, great item.  Wink Wink
JoanneH

Laser Hawkeye, Cwmbran

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2009, 10:14:43 AM »

Think i'm going to invest in one as i also find it hard to pinpoint when i've found something.  Was wondering which to buy but after reading comments i think i will buy a Garrett.  Thx guys  Smiley

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2009, 10:24:10 AM »

Just a word, Staffs detectors have just started selling the pistol probe. OK it's £120 but god it's sensitive.
Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2009, 10:41:44 AM »

I've used the Garrett, Jo, when I was out with friends and it is AWESOME!

Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 11:08:31 AM »

Thats a cracking price for the pistol probe, i have the uniprobe version, its awesome but unfortunately drives my e-trac mental, i cant tune either machine out to ignore each other (my old quattro was not too bad with it) I wonder if that pistol probe would be the same?
The Garret probe that i now use instead is very good indead, no messing about tuning it in, just switch it on and bobs your mothers brother Smiley
Rarely falses and has a good depth for a non P.I. probe
£75 from Laura in Detectnicks Delivered. Smiley

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 11:11:52 AM »

Cant help on this one ive used a Sherlock for years. as long as you keep them dry they last for years.
How easy is it to use a Garrett ?
With the Sherlock it can detect a coin size item at about 2 inchs, bigger items anything up to 12 inchs
Does the extra sensitivity and depth make it harder to pinpoint the target quickly  ??
you can pick DTS and sherlocks up for around £25 pounts now 

all the best
Phil

SimonH

Teknetics T2, Cwmbran

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 11:15:33 AM »

Ive been searching for a Probe comparison review on the internet, bt cant seem to find one, does anyone have a link to one?

I can then persuade Joanne to go for a cheaper one and buy myself one at the same time  Grin Grin Grin

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 11:36:53 AM »

I would say don't buy anything less than the Garret, Its so simple, just hit the button and off you go.
The Sherlocks and that you have to tune each time, yes for £25 they do the job, but in my opinion its absolutely worth biting the bullet and getting the garret.
Don't what ever you do by the bounty hunter pinpointer,i bought one for Mandy for Christmas.. It's utter Cr*p, Hence my statement on spending the extra dosh, it's going to cost me more in the long run now Embarrassed
see if you can borrow one to try at a rally, you'll not use another one after, its a shame they cost as much as they do, but i think there worth it.
I have a Sunray In line probe on my e-trac that uses the detectors circuit and discrimination, so you don't pinpoint iron instead of the non ferrous you were looking fore, but the garret still comes out first and 9 times out of ten, its all i need, and the battery last for ever! Smiley

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 11:56:25 AM »

The Garrett is a lot better made than the Sherlock and has the advantage as Salty has said of not needing to be tuned, As for sensitivity then I could not measure any difference between the Garrett, Sherlock or whites bullseye.
I like Phil use a Sherlock (when I remember it) and cant bring myself to spend an extra £84 for something that only does the same thing, regardless of quality.
Though I would think about looking at the pistol probe at £120 as it has a greater range when and IF needed.
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 12:41:41 PM »

are there different types of garret probes because karl mentioned the price of £75,i almost sure on the w/w rally in sept they were asking £36 in the main tent

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 12:59:25 PM »

I'd be gobsmacked if you could get one for £36, they go second hand on e-bay almost for what you can get them new of Laura.are you sure it wasn't £86?
I tell you what Geoff, the uniprobe has a good 6" on a small target, really handy when you get one of those Minelab disappearing signal moments when you take out the plug.
The pistol probe is supposed to be better.

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2009, 01:09:01 PM »

Hi

I've used a few probes over the years and they've all broken. Basically they weren't up to the job.

I've had the Garrett Probe for about a year now and it's had a hammering. It's still on the original
PP3 battery. It cost me £83 but it's the best money I've spent. Excellent quality and as Karl said,
needs no tuning: Just switch on and use!  

It vibrates the closer you are to a target and works on its side or tip. Simply: It's brilliant!!!

It may seem expensive but you get what you pay for. Don't waste your money on anything else.

I've had the Whites Bullseye (didn't break but was useless so sold it), Sherlock (two of them)
which were £25 each. Water ingress stopped one working so gave it to Karl who had to do repairs
and mods to get it working again. My son has the other and he complains it 's "useless Dad!". Had
Joan Allen one  etc etc.

In fact the Garrett probe is so good I have TWO. One is still in the box incase the one I'm using
gets lost, stolen or needs company   LOL!!

Get it as a Xmas Present!

Bob

« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 01:10:39 PM by rjm » Logged

Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 01:19:35 PM »

I've got a Whites bullseye and its terrible. Ok when new but the range is very very small. I've used Walton basinmans and Debbies Garret and they are worth every penny. Robust build and very very good at doing the job its meant to do. As soon as I have £80 spare that will be my next detecting purchase. I'm desperate for one with my Sef coil!  Grin

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2009, 01:22:05 PM »

karl i will check with someone who was there,thats why i was wondering if there were different models,i remember two people selling them one was cheaper than the other

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal