Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This Morning with Casa Dos and John Pugh . . .  (Read 3623 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: December 07, 2008, 04:19:32 PM »

Headed out this morning to meet John Pugh and Kev at a pre arranged location, and went to a farm John and I had been invited onto by the farmer Shocked (that doesn't happen very often!). Anyway the farm held a lot of promise, but very little came out.  I managed a fragment of Georgian shoe buckle, a button and that really was about it! The others didn't fare much better. As the saying goes though "You pay your money, you take your chances!" Although that said we never had to pay! Grin

I left John and Kev at about 2pm to head home to the Sunday papers, cooking a roast dinner and a fine bottle of wine. It seemed the sensible option. The boys went off elsewhere though, so I think we will probably see an update on their finds later.

John brought with him a couple of his finds from last week, including a Roman Key, Fibula and a whopper of a Roman Fertility pendent! The said pendent managed to bringa blush to one of the farm owners, lady folks - which was entertaining! All found in Wales and all found with an Explorer II. Its all out there, it just needs to be found, but alas not today.

Good day out all in all, with some lovely scenary.

Cheers gents - have to do it again over Christmas.

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
hedgehog
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:44:20 AM »

Some lovely finds there, really like the phallic pendant and the blushes it caused Cheesy
borderfox.1495

I HAVE FOUND MY FIELD OF DREAMS IN WALES

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 06:04:38 PM »

neil, kev, my mate come up last night, he d been dect. in gwent,  he pulled out a box, and said open it,  inside as i thought was a large  gold hammered on pickingit up it was gold foil he d shaped it to look  like a coin you canimagine picking it up with my eyes, , and then relising it was foil, i cursed him, he said look again there was a stunnng gold stater dobunni mid 1st centbc. spink s 379 emblem anted over triple tailed horse under neath needless to say he wouldn t take my £200  for it.  he has found hundreds of hammered,  over the years, his machine minlab xs
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 06:24:39 PM by borderfox.1495 » Logged
BottyBurp (Kris)

To "Search and Protect"

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 09:11:18 PM »

Good bunch of finds those Neil.  Smiley

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE & SIGN THE GUESTBOOK.
H.M.D.C. Member
S.H.R.A.D.S Member
N.C.M.D. Member
www.freewebs.com/krisupfold
www.freewebs.com/hucclecotemetaldetectingclub
James

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 01:23:51 PM »

welldone john !!!cracking finds  Smiley

Not to brag but I get Hammered weekly! usually on a Friday night !!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal