Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we all still here ?  (Read 19005 times)
Svaipa

« on: April 16, 2022, 05:16:13 PM »

Hi guys.
What's been happening out there lately ?
I haven't been on the forum for ages and is a bit shocked to see that there's no posts for the past couple of years. Where have you all gone ??
Is Detecting Wales no more ?
And is there no more rallies ??

Sun is out and the last gold hasn't been found.

Hope you are all ok.

x
jo

Greg

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 06:28:23 PM »

Still here, not much happening on this site, rallies on this site finished many years ago, everything seems to have moved to Facebook, not for the best in my opinion but we have to move with the times or give up.
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 10:47:15 PM »

I check in most days but very little activity here now sadly  Sad
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 11:03:33 AM »

I guess times and priorities change and on the whole I rarely use forums or chat rooms anymore. Does anyone? I still check in here most days.

The web site is still slowly ticking over and who know we may come out of retirement for a rally one day. Land is an issue.

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Svaipa

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 04:05:05 PM »

Yes, I've noticed a few rallies being advertised on facebook, but they charge half a days wages and then there's the fuel cost too, which isn't much short of being a back breaker now a days, so just not been very tempted to try them. 

It's a real shame if it's lack of land to go on that's ending our DW rallies. Would it be possible to re-visit some of the places we've been to before, like feks the two farms at Trippenkennett ?

Jo
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 11:29:53 AM »

Never been to a metal detecting rally yet but I do fancy trying an opportunity to try attending one; even if it is a  beach rally.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 07:05:05 AM »

PS ....... MineLab used to organize one on Rhyl beach!

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
brickie58

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2022, 08:36:08 PM »

I check in most days but very little activity here now sadly  Sad
your right about Facebook its a pity

full XP Deus ws5 phones 9" and 11", minelab explorer se greyghost phones15" wot 13" ultimate 11" pro 8x6"sef Garrett pinpointer
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2022, 09:23:58 AM »

I still look in here once, or twice, a week but have had my detecting sorely restricted over the last two years; I have even been thinking of selling up and moving on.

PS .... I don't do Facebook anymore.

Greg

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2022, 10:41:19 AM »

It’s all on Facebook now, not always for the best in my opinion, but as they say we move with the times or fall by the wayside, there is always the beach or your own permissions unless the ‘professionals’ have gazumped you.
The Influencers are getting to the point of pricing themselves out and with the cost of fuel I have to think twice before putting my name down.
They are also attracting people who because they see only the best finds on Facebook think it is easy and they will find good items every time they go out.
Let me know if you find anything better to get me of the sofa, otherwise keep the faith and show us what you can find.
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2022, 10:01:57 PM »

Still here, talking to myself.

What I can't understand is that there are always lots of guests on the site - 128 at this moment.

What are they doing - I wonder if somehow part of the site has been hijacked?
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2022, 02:44:52 PM »

I still look in,.most other members have disappeared
Greg

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2022, 08:45:14 PM »

Still here, talking to myself.

What I can't understand is that there are always lots of guests on the site - 128 at this moment.

What are they doing - I wonder if somehow part of the site has been hijacked?

I have noticed that as well, i can only think that people visit and don’t sign out, i don’t sign in every time, so it may look like i am viewing all the time, and i usualy only have a look about once every 2 weeks.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2022, 08:20:12 AM »

I still pop in quite frequently but haven't been out swinging a coil but unfortunately have had a number of serious health problems and emergency hospital visits; the last of which was a sepsis attack.

I have also been banned from driving for six months by my medics. Oh, and I am now locked out of the Metal Detecting Forum MDF!  Roll Eyes

Chris  Grin
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 08:21:44 AM by Resurgam » Logged

The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2022, 08:27:20 PM »

Sorry to hear about your problems Chris. Hope things improve for you.

I still think something fishy is going on with guests - there are 234 guests online as I post this  Huh

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal