Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Metal detecting partner wanted  (Read 9808 times)
carling2

« on: July 28, 2021, 09:40:35 AM »

Metal detecting partner wanted must have transport and be reliable, and can spare at least 1 day a week (6/7 hours) at a time, in return I offer thousands of acres in detecting permissions and over 20 years experience, location Herefordshire, if interested please pm.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 11:06:21 PM »

Sounds tempting - but I don't have the time available Smiley

Been out recently?
carling2

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 06:22:50 AM »

Hi mate,there ain't many that have the time for tectin these days I think people are just losing the mojo what with land and finds getting scarce, I haven't been out for 4 months, I think I've been cursed 🤬🤣🤣 and to be fair this is probably my last stab at trying to get motivated 😁 so I ain't sure myself if and when I'm out again.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 08:04:04 PM by carling2 » Logged
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 12:07:24 PM »

I've mostly been park detecting - and whilst I'm not finding anything old (I get the odd older copper from Chas II onward), at least I get a lot of signals.

I went to my usual farm last weekend - I was pretty certain the winter wheat would have been cropped and it was - but ended up with two grotty coppers and some buttons for a few hours.

I haven't even bothered to take my detector on holiday with me (Norfolk) - as I get quite anxious asking for permission I don't often get enough courage to do so, not even for beach detecting...

But - as to finds - there have been some outstanding finds made by people this year - or at least it seems so, just not where I've been looking!
carling2

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 06:03:40 AM »

Hi Roland, yep I also managed to drag myself out for 3 hours last week, managed 4 grots and a worn eddy penny, this hobby just doesn't have the enthusiasm it once had with many chucking in the towel and any trawl through the detecting forums shows a definate drop in finds and some of those can't be taken as a honest find, so don't worry mate in general nobody is finding any more or less than you but in my opinion just the odd lucky find, welcome to detecting 2021🤣🤣
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2021, 02:31:22 PM »

I just don't have the time chaps with a little un and house projects and ducking and diving on the antiques game,

Fully intend to come back to it when life takes a breath. Would love to hold a DW rally for old times sake. Be great to catch up with everyone in person.

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2021, 11:35:51 PM »

I just don't have the time chaps with a little un and house projects and ducking and diving on the antiques game,

Fully intend to come back to it when life takes a breath. Would love to hold a DW rally for old times sake. Be great to catch up with everyone in person.

Cheers
Neil

And it would be good to see everyone too Smiley -
vorras24
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2021, 04:42:23 PM »

Hi, I am ok on weekends if you still looking for MD partner. Thanks

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal