Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Border crossings?  (Read 17783 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: March 30, 2021, 03:26:17 PM »

Good afternoon boys and girls, I trust that you are all well and fit enough to
            swing a decent machine and coil o'er land n beach. Got our ten year old grandson
            visiting next Saturday and hopefully he will help me un-mothball my detecting gear
            ready for the season.

I'm going to check with one of my permissions and see if we can have access
            for an afternoons detecting but was wondering if a spot of beach detecting would be
            better. What would the chances be for slipping over the Welsh border and trying
           Talacre? Any ideas folks?

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 10:04:13 PM »

Will be up to you, but strictly speaking remains illegal until April 12th.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 01:43:28 PM »

Thanks Doc,
                                                     just heard that on the news this morning; free to enter and
                               exit Wales from, as you pointed out, April 12th. I will wait until the 13th;
                               I would hate to set our grandson a bad example by breaking the law.

Chris  Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Richie sixpence

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 09:13:28 AM »

Hi Chris
Hope you and yours are well my friend?
All the very best Richie.

All the best Richie sixpence Wink

"All that glitters is not gold" but hopefully!!!
Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
And hopefully a lot of good luck
Member of, NCMD
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 08:18:38 PM »

Hi Richie; just the man I have been thinking about.

Since we last detected together I have had a couple of emails that looked like they had come from you but my security system flagged up that the emails were dangerous and they got binned. If you would like to pm me your present email address I will drop you a line.

Of course, me n the Mrs have been virus dodging for well over a year now but hopefully we should be getting back to normal soon; whatever normal might be!

Chris  Smiley

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 08:37:02 AM »

Did you go in the end?

At least the weather has been kind - and hopefully all the Covid metrics will remain in the lower side of things so we can continue to return to normal Smiley
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 09:33:47 PM »

We did eventually make it down to North Wales and shacked up there for a whole week; with two acre of paddocks to get a spade into and even put in four hours on Talacre Sands, before a big tide chased me off the beach and up against the dunes.

The Safari performed well on the sands and I was able to avoid loads of scrap and netted  £2.10 in decimal coins, an old Eddy penny, and one threepenny bit. There was also one 2" copper boat nail and a couple of bits of 50 cal copper jackets, that fooled both the Safari and my self into reading them as coins.

The paddocks were a completely different story and were filled with loads of rusting iron that fooled both the Safari and the Quest Q40 into giving off good signals but I did manage to wheedle out two very well worn and greened George III coins but I gave both to the owners, along with a nice big shiny button.

Got an invitation for a return match next year and will probably book two weeks down there and maybe have chance of having a go at some larger, nearby, fields belonging to a local farmer.

No gold and no treasure but it was great to get out in the sunshine and swing a coil but I didn't see any other detectorist about.

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2021, 07:51:26 PM »

Glad you got out Smiley

I'm finding it hard to go to my usual farm, as I've become hooked on going to a local park where I've had 16 silvers this year (plus two silver rings) - and loads of old pennies and halfpennies, plus spendables - and even the odd older coin - like a copper duit of 1784 or a Chas II Irish halfpenny - mad - I just love having all the signals despite the amount of canslaw I find.
Richie sixpence

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2021, 12:39:44 PM »

Hi Chris
This is my email address if you would like to send a message.
richard.kinnair@btinternet.com
Many thanks and hoping you and the good lady are well.

All the best Richie sixpence Wink

"All that glitters is not gold" but hopefully!!!
Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
And hopefully a lot of good luck
Member of, NCMD
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2022, 12:02:09 AM »

Well, looks like I last added to this post in May last year - must have had a quiet spell, as I just about made it to 31 silvers for the year from my local park (and three already this year).

Could do with a decent rally - but I've rarely had one of  those!
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2022, 07:53:54 PM »

I wouldn't mind just getting out to swing the coil my self; lost one of our closest friends last year and let our guards down by attending her funeral at a packed crematorium on December 29th, followed by a reception in a local social club.

Tested positive for Covid on January 3rd, quickly followed by my wife a day or so later. Fortunately we had both had been doubly inoculated and both of us had accepted the booster.
I still felt as though I had been stricken down with influenza and am now slowly picking up and had a negative lateral flow test this morning but Margaret is still testing positive, having been hit much harder by the virus; matters, of course, not being helped by the multiple of health problems that she already has to cope with.

Stay safe folks and don't forget ..... hands, face, and distance!

Chris  Smiley

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2022, 03:53:35 PM »

Sorry to hear about that Chris - I do hope you are on the mend now.

Both my children got Covid - but they didn't notice, and it was only tests that picked it up. Regular testing for me has shown nothing so far.

If you would like to see something I have done in another field - please have a look at this video, recorded by a friend of mine, of a piece I wrote in mid December. It seems to have helped a number of people, and I suppose is a piece of music for our times. Another friend has recorded another version of it, and one of his friends has then added strings - they are hoping to release it as a charity single to raise money for the NSPCC, so you may hear it elsewhere at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUIcmBm_WJc

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2022, 05:09:15 PM »

Picking up nicely now and even got out to do a bit of shopping today. Probably because of our age and a number of underlying health conditions we both felt pretty rough but strangely neither of us had a high temperature during this time. Could have been a whole different story had we not both been doubly vaccinated and given booster jabs.

Love the piece of music and can easily visualise it accompanying any number of videos on the NSPCC, the Covid care home debacle, or even the Samaritans.

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2022, 10:42:41 AM »

Picking up nicely now and even got out to do a bit of shopping today. Probably because of our age and a number of underlying health conditions we both felt pretty rough but strangely neither of us had a high temperature during this time. Could have been a whole different story had we not both been doubly vaccinated and given booster jabs.

Love the piece of music and can easily visualise it accompanying any number of videos on the NSPCC, the Covid care home debacle, or even the Samaritans.

Glad you are on the mend. And thank you about for listening to my music, it's appreciated Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal