Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus or Equinox  (Read 6819 times)
Bling (mark)

« on: October 10, 2020, 07:45:06 PM »

Hello been out of detecting for a few years after my  car crash.   On my return I thinking ok it's time for the  Deus upgrade at last. What I needed to know was after looking  there seems to be a new king on the block with the Equinox. Looking for people's experiences with  both my work will be  mainly fields  hope someone can help cheers.

Soveriegn xs2 pro / goldmaxx power v4 /makro racer
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 11:39:07 PM »

Given a choice, I'd have one of each Smiley

But as I have a Nox, and a CTX and an ETRAC, then I can't justify a Deus too - did used to have one and I liked it - I'd keep it for ploughed, and the Nox for pasture and beaches.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 06:48:33 PM »

Now there’s a name I haven’t seen in while. Welcome back Mark  Grin

To my way of thinking it’s a bit of a no brainer. I had a Deus but never really got to grips with it. Mainly because it followed 2 Minelabs.
Then I got the NOX. It’s got the potential to be a great machine. The best thing is, unlike the Deus, it’s a go anywhere machine.
Best machine I’ve had, also the last  Cry

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 12:14:08 PM »

Last Sunday out with Brecon mdc rally, over stubble. using nox800, found numerous bits and pieces, wasnt quite connecting with the nox, started to walk back to van to fire up the Deus, and on an id of 11, out popped a silver cut half. Needless to say I finisshed off rally with the nox  Grin

Though I have had Deus since 2012 and nox since 2019, I still tend to go back to Deus lol
Bling (mark)

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 09:36:38 PM »

Thanks all had the nox 800 delivered today teamed up with a full  carbon stem woop woop .  Hello again Val it's been a few years car crash finished it for a while damaged my  leg . How's things site doesn't seem as busy as I remember it hope all's well for you. Funny thing I got my interest back last week started looking around at detector's and thought what's a nox?. Lots of new machine's out there now.

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 11:08:33 PM »

I think half the problem is that - unless you fall out of bed into your permission, there has been little opportunity to go out and find anything at the moment - especially with the general lack of rallies.

Another thing to blame Covid the government for.....
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 08:16:05 AM »

Your not wrong there Roland. That 5 mile thing just about finished me off. I can more or less guarantee it’s a total waste of effort going anywhere within that radius around me. In fact I think I’ve pretty much done every field in that area around me and found nothing but junk. The best finds have been Eyes only and few of them.

Quiet was our choice when we chose the place and quiet I got !

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 08:37:39 AM »

Thanks all had the nox 800 delivered today teamed up with a full  carbon stem woop woop .  Hello again Val it's been a few years car crash finished it for a while damaged my  leg . How's things site doesn't seem as busy as I remember it hope all's well for you. Funny thing I got my interest back last week started looking around at detector's and thought what's a nox?. Lots of new machine's out there now.

Sorry to hear about your problem Mark. Just take a step at a time (forgive the pun)
I think you’re finding the NOX is a very different beast to anything you’ve used in the past. It can be as easy or as complicated as you decide. It’s such a versatile machine. The only thing I didn’t like about it is the sound of the tones. So disappointing after using other Minelabs. The most misleading is where the tones change.(you can change) it’s usual to find silver with a higher ID number but with the NOX it can be as low as 9 on the screen. (Or so I’ve heard) silver I’ve found came in at 20/22.
The standard turn on & go setting is Field 1 and it’s very good and doesn’t pick up coke, Field 2 does. The Horse shoe button is a godsend.
You might like to adjust the iron setting down to 1. All good fun. Stick at it and for now just enjoy getting out.
Best of luck and, of course, do take care.

Bling (mark)

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 02:00:49 PM »

Hi and thanks Val! Bought the Equinox book (bedtime reading) hopefully get my head around setting it up soon. I really can't wait for this pandemic over and done with. I'm living in a new area without any permissions as yet don't thinks I'll be knocking any farm doors yet we'll see.

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2020, 11:50:55 PM »

I used the 6" coil on my Nox the other day - or rather I got my boy to use it, because I thought it was more straight forward for him to use than my ETRAC (and a bit lighter) - and then tried it out in the (empty garden) with some coins so I can get an idea of where they might be as signals. It's very good for noisy areas Smiley

Looking forward to a bit of detecting when our current lockdown has eased....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal