Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jtalbot0001
October 01, 2020, 10:37:13 PM
 Thats terrible Barny, I hope you are doing OK now! Managed to get out? Jon
barny
October 01, 2020, 02:59:21 PM
 Hi I have not been on for a while as I have had prostate cancer and it nocked me about a bit 37 radi
barny
October 01, 2020, 02:34:19 PM
 Hi I have not been on for a while as I have had prostate cancer and it nocked me about a bit 37 radi
carling2
September 18, 2020, 02:38:22 PM
 At even lol
carling2
September 18, 2020, 02:38:11 PM
 Back ay ya
The Oz
September 18, 2020, 02:26:43 PM
 Yep that's me mate  pm sent 
The Oz
September 18, 2020, 01:50:04 PM
 Yep that's me mate  pm sent 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A good day  (Read 148 times)
carling2

« on: October 10, 2020, 03:15:32 PM »

Well I was and had threw in the towel and was kinda looking forward to retiring from swinging until me and the Mrs went out today to go shopping.... On the way we passed a big estate farm ( you know the sort big black and white timber barns everywhere nice kept pasture fields in front of a 15thc range of buildings and loads of tennented out farmland etc)  I did ask here for permission close to 10 years ago and got a very resounding no from a elderly gentleman,,, anyway the Mrs says shall we ask here? I was very dubious  but went to the door,,,, turns out the younger members of the family have now taken over,,, well they was really excited at the thought of having a dectorist  and basically said please😁 so I said how much land have you got,, o hundreds of acres and then set about to explain where it all was then they said my brothers got a farm aswell heres his details I'm sure he won't mind either,, so then I said is it OK to start round here then spread outward over time? Yes they said, then the big question have you had anybody tectin before definateley not they said,,,, so hundreds of acres with a 15c estate in the middle no way near a floodplain and not ever tected before..... Time to get the tecter back out the box 😁 I'm defo with probono on this 1 a untected good bit of land can give you a second wind 🍃😉
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 03:18:47 PM by carling2 » Logged

2020 finds 23 hammereds 9 milled 1 gold ring
The Oz
Rally attendee

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 06:42:12 PM »

Well done mate keep the faith
Steve
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 11:40:47 PM »

Well done on that Smiley

I'm sure that old Hedgehog has been there - he seems to have been everywhere - well him and his bro! but must be loads of stuff there - just hearing your news gives me a bit of second wind - now if only I wasn't in a local lockdown area......
carling2

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 07:58:31 AM »

Hi Roland hedgehogs over rated lol. I live in the same village and in the village there is a farm I acquired last year where I know for defo hedgehog as been doing for the last 20 years...i still had 17 hammereds off there this year,,, as for this new place nope nobody as been there at all,, I can't believe hedgehog as been everywhere I lived 8 miles from him for 10 years and I've never found so much stuff as I did when I was there,,, I'm hoping this new place will be similar because that was a untected estate with a lot of unknown history as well,, several things that give me goosebumps in this hobby... A site that as no references (ie findspots) at all on pastscape etc,, loads of land near villages (this new place is between 2 of the oldest in Herefordshire), a farm or estate that is not easily noticeable or is set back off the Beaton track( this new place isn't even called a farm and you wouldn't know it was there unless you went and the words untected before ( a fact I can well believe by the reception I got almost 10 years ago 😁)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 08:17:04 AM by carling2 » Logged

2020 finds 23 hammereds 9 milled 1 gold ring

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal