Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: freedom  (Read 15099 times)
relicron

« on: June 16, 2020, 08:37:29 AM »

Hello guys,hope everybody is well after this dreadful corvid 19,myself & tom,went out for a couple of hours yesterday first time since lockdown,it was great to get out,only went a couple of miles from where we live,but we really enjoyed it,had a couple of nice bits & pieces,with a couple of interesting bronze bits,looking forward to going again very soon,most likely tom will put his finds up later,but here are my finds,take care & be safe everyone,cheers ron, Wink

* 20200615_172054.jpg (36.62 KB, 245x435 - viewed 939 times.)

* 20200615_172550.jpg (40.38 KB, 276x490 - viewed 1007 times.)

* 20200615_174919.jpg (39.23 KB, 276x490 - viewed 1034 times.)

* 20200615_175225.jpg (44.04 KB, 261x463 - viewed 1041 times.)

* 20200615_180455.jpg (50.34 KB, 276x490 - viewed 1283 times.)

* 20200615_180633.jpg (61.73 KB, 276x490 - viewed 1501 times.)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 08:18:10 AM »

Hey Ron, nice to see you and even nicer to see some pics.
Don’t know what the first bit is but wondered if it’s part of a Torque ?
Love the second Spindle Whorl, not seen one with a pattern like that, a bit special I think.

I’ve not been out since before the lock down. Only got a few fields within the current restricted distance and they now have Maize 2ft high. I was only thinking yesterday, this lock down has been like being sent to a drug rehab. I think it’s working. I’ve gone through they craving bit, now at the couldn’t care less stage. Detector draped in an old curtain to save me having to dust it every week  Roll Eyes

Thanks for posting  Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 11:48:25 PM »

Glad that you got out - did you miss it?

My permissions are more than 5 miles from my house - and given how dry it had been - and the season I've been curiously in two minds as to go out or not - I wonder how many others are like this?

I've been building with my boy on a river island - that's keeping me occupied, but I also keep getting tempted to take my detector to see if I can find anything - but I'm not sure of the rules for that.....

Anyway, nice to see some finds on here again!

* ScreenHunter 1241.jpg (296.75 KB, 1387x652 - viewed 1427 times.)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 12:03:55 AM »

Hi Roland. They say be careful what you wish for and tomorrow will prove the point by the look of the forecast. For us it’s heavy rain from 8am onwards all through the day and most of the night.

You might need waders to go back to your construction . Good project that but a bit early in the year for the reeds to finish the roof  Grin

carling2

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 09:55:47 AM »

Good finds mate,, funny thing this virus on detecting I'm in agreement with val at 1st I was like oh no I can't go to farmers houses and can't travel to detect then just before the lock down finished here in England I found I wasn't that bothered and when they did ease the lock down I moved into the well its pasture season and the grounds to hard state of mind now its been chucking it down I'm now thinking well I'm still not comftable travelling about and hey its only pasture as far as I know so I won't bother, I seem to finding excuses not to go 😁 crop time aug/Sept might be interesting 🤔🙄
roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 02:54:15 PM »

And finally after a few problems with uploading photos of my finds,...….here they are.  Best finds were the Lizzie threepence hammie and  the shoe buckle, both found at depth with the Nox 800, though I'm still not really confident in sounds and numbers.  Other finds were mostly modern coins, lots of rubbish and lots of bits of bronze which makes us think the area is well worth searching.  We've now found three hammies and Rons bronze axehead on this farm .  It's quite local to us and the farmer is great.  It was nice to finally get out and enjoy a few hours on the sheep pasture, so nice short grass.  Will be staying away from arable farms and just visit a few local sheep farmers.  Cheers everyone and good luck if you do get out. Tom.

* IMG_1615.JPG (144.09 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1522 times.)

* IMG_1617.JPG (126.89 KB, 640x480 - viewed 1820 times.)
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 04:25:10 PM »

Plenty of stuff there, certainly Smiley Nice that you found a hammy too!

Just had confirmation from my most local permission, so I might update with some finds  Smiley
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 06:41:23 PM »

Nicely found Tom. That buckle is a cracker. Don’t often find the nice ones complete.
It’s great to come across an owner that is so accommodating. Mines the same. He says, welcome anytime, help yourself and he’s not the slightest bit interested in what I find, with one proviso, I let him know first if I find a hoard  Grin Roll Eyes
As no one lives at the farm it’s a great deal. Trouble is, Finds are few and far between but given the arrangement I keep going back. I really should try getting some new land but when I think hard about it I decide it’s too much like hard work.

Thanks for posting your finds. Without peeps like you & Ron we’d have little to look at.

roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 08:35:43 PM »

Thanks Val and Roly.  It was a nice day, great to finally get out and with plenty of finds.  The farmer is like you said Val, friendly, accommodating and not really interested in finds.  He just gives us the freedom to roam anywhere on the farm.
As restrictions relax we may be able to go a little further afield, albeit mostly on pasture.  Thanks again for the interest. 
Tom and Ron
relicron

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2020, 10:30:14 AM »

Thank you guys for all your comments,hope you can all get out soon,nice to be back on here ,lets hope for some more finds shortly,yes that spindle whorle is a cracker ain't it val,thank you love,hey nice bit of stone work there roly great stuff,speak soon we hope,Ron & Tom,
carling2

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2020, 07:07:06 PM »

I understand Wales is scrapping the 5 mile rule and opening the borders on July 6th...hh guys.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2020, 04:45:43 AM »

Yes, that’s what he said carling but only if the numbers don’t go up. In the meantime outdoor activities have been extended, within the suggested 5 miles, to include non-contact sports so I guess that includes detecting.
I s’pose we've done well with the numbers. Been a long and frustrating few months though.
Over my end of the ship especially. As I get out with the dogs I’ve kept in touch with the outside world and I can honestly say I haven’t spoken to anyone who knows anyone or even heard of anyone who’s got the virus.

Getting back out with the detector for the first time is going to be hard work. I’ve slipped into a new routine and I’ve sort of lost the incentive to make the effort to disrupt my days again. A case of ‘The mind is willing but the body is weak’ !

carling2

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2020, 09:01:14 AM »

I don't think your alone val there's so many guys I know that have been doing this for years are saying they can't be bothered, I'll admit I'm not as enthusiastic as I once was and as I've said for ages I don't really bother getting new permissions as there doesn't seem much point,, I guess detecting is getting harder for everybody, harder to get permissions, most places are done,, harder to find things, to much travelling etc, etc, and after 20 years detecting and the way that most places are detected now you start to realise that you ain't going to find the arc of the covenant, King John's lost treasure or neros tea set☕😁😁
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 07:35:26 AM »

Just  to clarify, in Wales are we allowed to detect as a club yet, anyone cre to enlighten me please ?
Greg

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 09:11:21 AM »

From what I understand, you cannot have club rallies however small, but you can go out on you own or with someone living with you to a permission within 5 miles of your home, but you need to reconfirm access with the farmer or landowner first.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal