Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NCMD says detecting allowed again in Wales  (Read 8016 times)
The Doc
Superhero Member

« on: May 27, 2020, 09:32:53 PM »

This is on the NCMD website today:

Covid 19 Wales Update

27th May 2020

Today we are pleased to say that we received a reply from the Welsh Department of Culture and Sport confirming that detecting can be carried out in Wales within the standard exercise rules.

Before you rush out, please remember to check with the land owner that they are content to continue to provide permission at this time. Restrictions on travel, time spent outside exercising and social distancing must, obviously, be observed.

We hope that the lockdown review on Friday 29 May will provide a further loosening of restrictions. We, like you, await the First Minister’s announcement with optimism.

A full description of the current exercise rules in Wales can be found here: https://gov.wales/leaving-home-exercise-guidance
carling2

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 08:07:32 AM »

After reading what the exercise rules are for Wales at this time if I lived over the border I would wait till the Welsh gov say people can travel... I mean the Welsh gov as the same rules in place that the English gov had during lockdown and at a time people on here were saying people shouldn't be out tectin and at a time when the ncmd wasn't going to condone detecting by solo detectorists as it leads to loads being out during the lockdown  so I think the ncmd needs to give there heads a wobble or the Welsh gov needs to lift some restrictions
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 08:11:33 AM by carling2 » Logged
brickie58

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 08:25:01 AM »

Does that include beaches? As I live by one.

full XP Deus ws5 phones 9" and 11", minelab explorer se greyghost phones15" wot 13" ultimate 11" pro 8x6"sef Garrett pinpointer
carling2

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 09:09:42 AM »

If the Welsh gov say your not allowed on the beach then I think the advice is clear,,, exactly what I was on about people are going to get confused or bend the law for there own means which may result in fines etc.
Lobo
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 05:44:22 PM »

The Welsh government are making their announcement tomorrow (Friday 29th) so I wouldn't rush out just yet. Wait and see what they say.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2020, 01:55:42 PM »

All very confusing but my interpretation is, you can go fishing, play golf etc. But within a 5 mile radius of where you live.
I havent heard a time limit, only the 2.5 meter rule.
Will have to listen to it all again tonight. But if you can fish or hit a ball then you can swing a detector.

If the 5 mile limit is right it rules out most of where I can go anyway. Plus who wants to detect in this heat and try digging concrete.

p.s. you can Sunbath on the beach  Roll Eyes

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
carling2

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2020, 05:52:08 PM »

I'd rather sunbathe val than dig grass in this heat and I live on the English side,, See ya crop time guys or at least till we get a shi! Load of rain.. Now I say detecting can wait a few months 😁😁. It didn't take the ncmd or Boris to tell me that.. And if the dreaded second spike comes ncmd will ban tectin again and the gov will soon follow suit, just use common sense and follow official gov guidlines ( sorry ncmd but your not a policy changer or a influence in this)  if the gov gives you guidlines that's all you need to stick to I'm sure your farmers watch the news also.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 05:59:15 PM by carling2 » Logged
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 09:24:05 PM »

Good news for Wales detectorists, though I suspect singular  Roll Eyes Providing we are within 5 miles and have permission we are finally allowed out,

Oh anyone know where I can obtain sticks of dynamite to loosen top soil  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 12:07:10 PM »

Well, the good news is ?  You can now exercise as long as you like BUT you can only go about 5 miles to do it OR 40 miles on a bike 🤪😂

AND this In for the next 3 weeks when it will be reviewed AGAIN !🤬

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
carling2

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 08:15:32 PM »

Tectin buggered now anyways unless you posses a jackhammer 😁
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2020, 01:10:37 PM »

That's pretty much what I was thinking Carling. I'm out in my garden every day and the soil is rock hard and the grass tinder dry. I don't think the farmers would be happy with us digging up their pasture in this weather. A good couple of days (or a week) of rain will certainly help, but I'm sort of thinking that detecting is a right off until crop time too...

Was tempted to try the local river, but you are probably not even really allowed to do that!
carling2

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2020, 06:59:51 PM »

To be fair Roland I went over the river Wye near hay yesterday and noticed that the river was very low and thought at the mo it seems appealing regards detecting 😁 but I'm also thinking it won't be long till crops start to move so may as well wait.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal