Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Leo hoard story  (Read 5373 times)
carling2

« on: April 22, 2020, 03:22:04 PM »

There's a reporter on here from the new yorker goes by the username banti,, if anybody knows about the arse hole George Powell or has info about the theft of the Leo hoard, get in touch do a piece that's read internationally,, Rebecca mead needs a story. Comment on the thread or pm banti
banti
Rally attendee

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 04:01:00 PM »

Thanks, Carling2! Yes, I’m a reporter from the New Yorker magazine looking into the whole saga of the discovery and theft of the Viking hoard near Leominster that went to court late last year. I’d love to get perspective/insight on the case from members of the detectorist community, and also just to talk to detectorists about the hobby in general. So please PM me if you’d like to chat. Many thanks, all. 
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 10:23:52 AM »

Hey Carling - I'm sure you will know as much as any of the rest of us about this - especially as you are from that area Smiley

I'm not sure quite what has been released about the story - there was certainly a lot of evidence presented in the court case that hasn't been released subsequently.

If Banti contacts Gwent Detecting Club, some of the committee might have some more information as quite a few of the objects were posted on there when it all first came out, and that constituted some of the evidence.

The only thing I would add, is that a lot of people commented on the sentencing of the people involved - but most of the sentence was due to theft legislation (Theft Act 1968)  - the estimated value of the hoard, rather than not handing them in on time - and also there was no reduction in tariffs as the two main people have refused to cooperate.
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 06:58:19 PM »

Not quite sure why a septic is interested in this, when there are more pressing issues in their own country re the behaviour of their president, his irrational behaviour, the ridicule with which he is perceived on the international stage, not to mention his failure to fully understand the nature of the pandemic and how is inaction is condemning a lot of american lives to an early grave!

the issue of Leo etc is a matter for the courts and is currently wending its way through the legal process, therefore no comment ought to be made until the legal process is exhausted.

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
GJH

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 08:07:24 PM »

Well said Alan.
Geoff
carling2

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 07:05:51 AM »

It's just a crock of shit that I refuse to comment on any more I had enough of this from a personnel point of view the 1st time round so when banti contacted me about it I pointed her in another direction. Also the reason for starting this topic.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal