Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Line up  (Read 5698 times)
carling2

« on: April 10, 2020, 08:36:03 AM »

Sorting the tool box out yesterday.

* IMG_20200409_135445_copy_832x624.jpg (176.05 KB, 832x624 - viewed 1094 times.)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 07:00:47 PM »

Well done carling. Are you going to clean then next ?

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
carling2

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 09:25:21 PM »

No no 😁 my Mrs who is a very good oil artist( seascapes and landscspes etc) wanted me to sort the garadge out as she holds art classes etc so has loads of art stuff in there (easels paints etc (https://www.marinamorris-fineart.com/) so all my tectin stuff got assigned to 1 wardrobe ( yes I managed to fit all my machines in 😁) so nope not cleaning em just a move around.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 09:33:42 PM by carling2 » Logged
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 11:05:49 AM »

Had a little nose around her site. Yes a very talented lady.
I used to do water-colours. Mostly Botanical but ventured into other areas occasionally.
All went by the board when we moved house 20 years ago, too much to do, but kept all my materials. Always thought I’d come back to it but never have.
5 Detectors ! Must be a big wardrobe  ;Dh

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
carling2

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 02:23:26 PM »

Hi val and thanks I'm sure my Mrs will be pleased, she started seascapes after the time she lived in Tenby and does a lot of teaching on that front,, as for the wardrobe only a double 7tf tall so easily  fits all detecters in there and assorted probes, cables, phones etc on the top shelf even got 3 spades in there (like a batcave for detectorists 😁)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 02:25:35 PM by carling2 » Logged
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 10:39:52 PM »

I've been thinking what to do with my old detectors Smiley

I've currently got a CTX in pieces - must use this time to find all the parts before I send it off for repair.

I've also got a GoldenMask 3+, but I've no use for it. Don't really want to bin it mind you.

Itching to a) find some new land and b) actually get some detecing done

Just as the lockdown happened, a friend of 'ours' lost their ring on our local common - I did go and find it for them, and they (and I) are very happy that this was so - first gold ring I've found with any detector, although my detectors have found other lost gold rings when I have lent them to people.

Hey Carling - I did a factory reset on my Nox, and put in the searcher program - stupidly the one thing that until now I couldn't work out how to do was adjust the sensitivity - I think it's why the Nox has been really chatty at times recently...I might even have to set up a test bed in the garden if this continues much longer.
carling2

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 12:11:30 AM »

Hi mate be patient with the nox I'm sure it will see you well,, here's my finds from the groat.the bottom coin as you probably know is a Edward 1st farthing( so well small, and the 2nd farthing I've had since Feb with the nox) Bear with it mate the nox  is a great bit of kit. Just stop messing with it.... Have you got it on 50 tones with the chatter , .as for losing shit I had a call the other day to find a silver bracelet that someone had lost in a scheduled castle site,, thought oh yea not happening sounds like a wind up even offered me £50 just to go and look
. I'm daft but not that daft 😁😁

* IMG_20200325_125943-624x832_copy_124x165.jpg (19.56 KB, 124x165 - viewed 721 times.)

* IMG_20200402_143004_copy_624x832.jpg (101.38 KB, 624x832 - viewed 2205 times.)

* IMG_20200408_143525_copy_624x832.jpg (92.33 KB, 624x832 - viewed 3179 times.)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 05:23:48 PM by carling2 » Logged
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 10:50:56 PM »

Nice.

A bit like you and your castle, the farmer a few years ago asked me if I could look for the iron rods left behind by the local archies that had cost him a lot of money in broken machinery - but it's on a scheduled site - I said, quite rightly, I couldn't...

The ring was on the nearest large bit of green land to my house, so not far - and somewhere I've detected in the past before I got put of park detecting Smiley.

I think when I got my Nox I put in detecting Sid's program - and I found a lot of stuff with that - I'm always trying to get that little bit extra out of the machine - the land I am on is pasture - and quiet pasture at that mainly. I found the half with the sparky program Smiley - but I put in a beach program, and found it really sparky at times on the dryish sand, and as I've said before, never managed to get it quiet enough to use on the heavily infested old house site, where the ETRAC which I know very well still shines.

At the end of the day - I'm pretty certain it's the sensitivity that was the problem - there's no obvious sign you are changing sensitivity, and I think I'd probably knocked it up to 25....I think the lack of explanation for some of the settings - especially as sensitivity is on the 'home' tab for want of a better word is to me one of the weaknesses. Now I've got that fixed (in my head) I need to go out and get what works for me sorted Smiley

I've moved back to 5 tones from 50 - not that the 50 bothered me much - and I've slightly altered the set points from where they were originally (now 2-9, 9-18, 18-26, and above) - most of the other settings are pretty much of a muchness, keeping on multi tones at the moment, but I might play around with that in my old hoard field to see if I can pick up some deeper targets....

In other news, I found the screws for the CTX Smiley - and also what I had done with all the bits and pieces (it was down to individual pieces, with things like the circuit board removed) - I've now sorted out what I was doing wrong with the upper stem, and the cable from the control to the battery has now been routed properly.....Hopefully I'll get it back in one piece tomorrow and then I can get it sent off to get the screen fixed / work out what the problem is Cheesy

carling2

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 10:41:14 AM »

It sounds like your going in the right direction with the nox and I'm sure when this lockdown rubbish is over you'll find plenty with it,, I must say I'm not a fan of pasture and try to avoid it if possible it's OK if it's been turned over at some point and even though I've had hammereds and roman from pasture them instances have been rare.. It sounds like your sorting your ctx out.. I got a explorer 2 in my garadge as well ( was the brother in laws) but he had it years and was held together by nuts and bolts and tape,, I call it the frankin tecter 😁 so it consists  of control box and coil now and that's it so I don't think I will be doing a refurb on that.  Been past many places now that I do have permission for and it's a nessacery wind up so like you I can't wait to get the nox out again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal