Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Equinox 800  (Read 14691 times)
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2020, 06:54:15 AM »

I think your missing the point !
Most of us have not been tested, just because some have, doesn't mean that the lock down applies to only those that wish to act responsibly.

Metal detecting isn't a nescesary journey. If anyone injuries themselves or have a collision enroute, you involve emergency services that are required else where !
We have an ambulance driver in our Brecon club, who keeps us all informed of the many covid patients he is transporting, to a number of hospitals !. I am 67yrs, had a stroke recently, I don't want to catch the virus, the lock down is designed to stop the spread of the virus.

I am amazed at the number of detectorists who all want to justify metal detecting as if the virus and spread of it doesn't apply to them.

The biggest problem if people are ignoring the advice of the NCMD now, its quite safe to assume the same people have no regard for the safety of everyone else around them with regard to covid 19.

These artefacts been in ground for 100's of years a couple of months isn't going to hurt you,spreading the virus will.

If the NCMD manages to get the ban lifted that would be great for ALL of us, and yes the virus might still be here, but even if the ban is lifted, detectorists would be expected to keep safe distances away from each other, and watch that the landowners are safe as well !

Not to look on the black side, and I do hope I am wrong, but after seeing a carpark full in Brecon store and all were inside the store, there's a likely going to be a second wave of virus spreading in Wales and further lock downs.

I am not picking a fight or standing on a soap box.

Why do you think the police are stopping people from going on closed foot paths and scenic destinations ? Some land owners agree with the ban others don't see the harm, the NFU needs to inform the landowners of the dangers.

Ive advised our members in line with NCMD and FID that metal detecting is on hold until further notice !

Its up to the individual in the end how they wish to proceed.
carling2

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2020, 08:18:03 AM »

I haven't been tectin,, you seem to be presuming a lot,, ( from detectorists practicing distancing to keeping the farmers safe) and to be fair you sound a little two faced going on about not detecting but will be out even though the virus will still be around just beacuse a couple of people say you can, topic title NOX 800 ( you ain't mentioned it yet, get off the soap box)
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2020, 09:39:33 AM »

Grin

Yeah off soap box !

I did not intend to make any personal digs at you. We all are entitled to our view on this controversial subject. and apologies for going off topic !

I bought a nox 800 had it 2yrs now, I still have not got the faith coming from a Deus and se pro. When its tipping down with rain out comes the nox. Lovely sunny days out comes Deus or if I have a harness my se pro with 15" wot coil.

Down in dorset last year, with nox after playing about with settings pulled out a piece of lead about 14-15" deep, and  later quite as deep a button. But but Deus and se will do that.

Your comment on a previous post about sticking to original permissions holds true, we all to a degree think the grass greener over a fence !

When really if you've bin finding on a given farm, chances are there is still a lot more to find just by putting nose to ground and take more time.

You probably see detectorists like me, on rallies got to other side of field before you've got 20yds lol

What I liked about nox, water proof !  Whereas Deus or se is not, maybe a tad lighter not sure on that count.

Minelab did well to bounce back with the nox,  Grin
carling2

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2020, 10:29:50 AM »

No worries mate, did send ya a pm and no offence taken, I know this time is winding a few people up and I'm only hoping the same as you I suppose that we all come out the other side of this with our sanity intact😬😬

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal