Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Equinox 800  (Read 14586 times)
roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2020, 10:38:59 PM »

Well done on the finds Carling, and for getting used to the Nox in a few weeks.  So what's your favourite settings?  Anything you'd like to share with other newcomers to the Nox.  And what about posting some stories and photos of your finds.  We're all interested to hear and see what other detectorists are unearthing. Great stuff!!  Cheers.  Tom
carling2

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2020, 10:56:41 PM »

Hi mate well I wasn't convinced at 1st about the nox after using a se for years. But after some moaning 😁I stuck with it and I'm glad i did 3 weeks in and after digging loads of assorted junk  I sussed what I should be listening to  and to read the Id numbers (i use detecting sids ancient site program it is on YouTube)I quickly figured out to dig stable tones and stable numbers ( if you've got stable tones and numbers it's usually something good, the response is good and it's a deep machine that does not miss a lot, would love to post pics of coins etc but this site ain't easy to post pics but had 2 half groats of lizzy and Edward and a couple of eddy penny's several roman grots plenty of other coinage and also today a partifact of a silver decorated buckle + loads more odds and sods...not bad at all for 3 weeks) Yes I will keep using the nox😊👍
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:58:34 PM by carling2 » Logged
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2020, 08:22:19 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin.  Can’t resist it  Roll Eyes. Told you so  Wink

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
carling2

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2020, 08:40:44 AM »

Yea yea 😁😁😁
Greg

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2020, 10:07:00 AM »

Glad you are getting to grips with it, I still think you will dig more rubbish than the SE, but the truth is it misses very little.
But don’t get rid of the SE it’s one of the greats.
carling2

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2020, 10:49:07 AM »

Cheers mate I know I dig more junk with the nox  but you have to use your noodle a bit and decide to dig or not on the info provided. Nice clear tones and stable numbers is the best way to dig less junk.. As for the se.. No mate I shall keep it I now have 5 detecters including a se and a se Pro.
carling2

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2020, 04:06:44 PM »

Correction now 7 hammereds with the nox both farthings eddy and lizzy from today and Henry cut half (makes 14 in total so far for year)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 04:18:50 PM by carling2 » Logged
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2020, 02:46:35 PM »

You are doing well with the hammereds Smiley

I've only managed one cut half this year - my only hammered so far - but I've never found one before and it was on the usual, empty, farm so I was happy.

Do you ever bump into Steve Wood up there? I thought he'd left the place Emptyford rather than Hereford Cheesy

Managed to get out with the Nox yesterday - in South Glos - but I'd set up two new (to me) programs on Field 1 and 2 - I'm sure I have made it worse in a way as I was finding it more difficult to tell - even with the horseshoe - whether I had iron or not - some of those iron numbers were super stable, but when all you are digging from a field are what looks like bits of scaffolding it's hard to find anything else - if it is there at all Smiley

What settings are you using currently Carling2?
carling2

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2020, 06:48:50 PM »

Hi probono yea Steve woods ( hedgehog) saw him a couple of times round my village tectin I even waived at him when I was tectin and he was tectin a field across the lane the miserable sod didn't wave back.. A few years back I had him for a day on 1 of my permissions and I don't know what machine he uses but I'm finding plenty so like everywhere it's where you go and how much time you put in that counts. Glad to hear you had your 1st cut half. I don't think that's down to the nox as I found loads of halves and quarters with the se, but if your in the right places the nox will find em I'm sure.. I'm still waiting for my better fields and the fact that I'm finding with the nox in land I wasn't sure of speaks volumes. I'm using detecting sids ancient site settings and now I've got over the let's dig loads of junk phase I must say what seemed like rocket science is now pretty clear and I'm well happy with the nox but it isn't a magic wand choose and set a program that works for you and learn and stick with that there's loads of info out there but why make life more complicated than is ( my rule of thumb dig  everything 8-40 as long as its a steady signal but maybe + or - 2 figures either side of the target signal)  I might be missing stuff but yesterday as well as the cut half I found a 3mm piece of silver link ( looks like a tiny book clasp) so I don't think I'm missing much and I'm digging way less junk. Again I  think Hereford is far from empty I've been on this site over 10 years been tectin almost 20  on this site I've been paulywow, nfl, monkeman, and carling and found loads in the past (was it you or dragons breath that once brought a rare 2 headed dinari off me?) and as you can see I'm still finding... Its all about where you go and how often as said even these days when it's hard getting permissions and lots of land is hunted out I just spent years getting thousands of acres which I still use.hh mate.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 11:02:13 PM by carling2 » Logged
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2020, 11:34:44 AM »

I'm pretty sure it was me who bought that denarius - Claudius  / Agrippina - I still have it (was looking at it yesterday actually) Smiley..

Hedgehog can be a bit grumpy some times Smiley but he's also a good chap who has been very helpful to me over the years. It was him who said I'd never find a hammy with a Minelab, and then five minutes later found my first ever hammy Smiley

I should have found cut halves before - or indeed any kind of shortcross, but I think a lot of it is the land I am on - the farm I mostly go to has been abandoned by all the other detectorists as being too quiet - and to be fair it is - but I still find enough stuff to keep me interested. I am disappointed with the Glos perm - there's been 1 denarius, 1 Lizzie shilling and 1 gold crown - which are good finds - it's just there isn't anything else there, and I'm thinking that despite ridge and furrow in places and a shrunken village, that it's probably been mostly a sheep place for millennia. I am finding really small metal fragments - it would just be nice if they were something other than junk or bullets Smiley

Thanks for letting me know what you use - I'd initially set the Nox up using the same program as yours - on the weekend I tried out two others from other forums. I'm sure the numbers do change a bit   - the cut quarters I got last year were coming in at 5 or 6, although generally I'm finding I'm getting foil in that region. I'm also starting to gauge the size and shape of the object by how stable the numbers are and the size of the signal as a sweep over it, though the thing still gets a bit confused over some nails I find.

Anyway, I'm thinking of doing a factory re-set and then put in the Detecting Sid program again - I've 'upgraded' to v2 of the software, so just have to understand the new controls a bit better!

Happy Hunting
carling2

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2020, 01:00:09 PM »

Hi probono so it was you with the dinari then.... Yes mate as I've said before permissions are very hard to get now but the guys that are finding regular are the 1s sticking to there usual permissions.... I rarely get new perms now cause what usually happens you get 1 you go and find next to nowt but someone that as been doing that particular farm knows where the hotspots are and the finds history so I prefer to stick to what I've got... I know I'm a novice with the nox but I think your looking at it the same as me use a good program( sids is good) and just get used to it it does not take long and pretty soon the machine and signals are easy to read then you find that good finds will come regular and you will dig less junk.. Hh mate.
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2020, 09:16:45 PM »

I thought there was a lock down applied to detecting for the whole of UK ??
carling2

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2020, 08:34:53 AM »

Hi dave ain't got a clue what your on about mate as many are out detecting,, as for this post nowhere does it say anybody been detecting and even if it does look at the dates,, these comments were posted before the ncmd issued non detecting guidence. Besides I'm a member of f. I. D😁
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 09:28:02 AM by carling2 » Logged
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2020, 08:56:09 PM »

Carling2

NCMD issued blanket ban before March 24th Huh

Fid I believe has said that they weren't going to issue a statement other than advise members to heed government advice, metal detecting isn't essential. Stay at home save lives ! The blanket ban on metal detecting is to stop the spread of covid 19 virus, as well you know  Cheesy

None of us know if we might be carrying virus so could easily infect farmers / people detecting with you using gates etc that are opened or closed.

I am a member of both !

I went into Brecon today B & N stores to do shopping, the car park was nearly full and no one waiting outside in any queue !
I reckon Wales will hit a new high with virus if majority don't get real about risks ! ( I did not shop, wasn't prepared to risk it LOL )

I hope you take care and stay safe !
carling2

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2020, 11:18:18 PM »

The last time I mentioned finds on this post was mar 21st..so your point is? As for this virus I had my test on tues and it came back negative so I ain't got it 😁 to be fair this whole virus and the so called tectin ban is a crock,, there's loads out tectin ( you would be surprised who told me there still tectin) I even told ncmd chairman that I may be out tectin soon.. As for the ncmd banning tectin OK great and everyone jumping on the bandwagon by stay home don't go out and detecting is just a hobby,, well if the ncmd manage to get the ban lifted which they are trying to do, then everyone will be out but the virus will remain and restrictions will still be in place,, so this stay home save lifes rubbish is just a holier than thou gig at the moment by the tectin community,,, and at the end of the day it ain't up to the gov or any detecting body to say when and if detecting can resume, it's up to the landowners and as we all know we've had weeks of stay away from farms etc,,, now beacuse of the ncmd trying to lift the ban it just seems two faced and they wasn't thinking of the farming community at all and that goes for the stay at home brigade as well..just trying to serve there own needs without thinking of the virus all of a sudden.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:26:49 PM by carling2 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal