Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Used modified GPX4500  (Read 4269 times)
DEUSDAVE

« on: February 15, 2020, 06:19:34 PM »

Just acquired a Minelab GPX 4500 with a gain mod added as per the pic , anyone know what this three position L.S.M switch does and what it is , been racking my brains trying to figure out what these settings are with no luck. Any information will be gratefully received .

Thanks Deusdave

* 100_8270 (1).JPG (314 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 1694 times.)
Greg

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 07:08:13 PM »

It could be a low sensitivity magnetometer, I built one years ago to tow behind the boat to find shipwrecks, it works by using the earths magnetic field ( the mid frequency being 2k) it sends out a pulse and measures how long it takes the protons to re stabilise, think it only works on no ferrous so not sure what it was used for (perhaps Finding anchors or such like on beaches).
DEUSDAVE

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 10:07:53 PM »

Update on my GPX 4500 question found out the Lms switch stands for large small and medium refers to size of gold nuggets you are looking for, I won't be after nuggets just gold and coins on the wet sand beaches unless I sell the machine. Deusdave
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 11:46:10 AM »

Update on my GPX 4500 question found out the Lms switch stands for large small and medium refers to size of gold nuggets you are looking for, I won't be after nuggets just gold and coins on the wet sand beaches unless I sell the machine. Deusdave

I don't know how much these things are at the moment - but let us know how you get on.

I did think about hiring / borrowing one, as I'd like to search the places I found gold hammies to see if there are any more that I missed Smiley
DEUSDAVE

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 01:09:54 PM »

Hi got it up for sale if you interested but not on here yet look at gumtree and preloved sites cheers Deus.
Greg

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 08:19:03 PM »

Did you find a write up or circuit diagram? would be interested to see it, not a lot of logic to the lettering, would think the person that modified it would have used  SML or LMS, it sounds like a sensitivity control, don’t understand why a 3 position switch unless it’s changing frequency, high for small items, low for large nuggets.
Will be interesting to see how it works in uk, as it sounds like it was modified for Australia gold fields.
DEUSDAVE

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 08:33:09 PM »

Hi the machine was modified by Detector mods in Australia a kind guy called David there gave me all the info and mailed me the instructions on how to use it  in it's modified form , very helpful i have advertised it for sale on other sites may also put on here at some stage if it sells no worries if not i will keep it. cheers Deus

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal