Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detectorists agreement  (Read 2420 times)
wet feet again

xp Deus

« on: January 06, 2020, 12:17:23 PM »

Hi does anyone have or know where i can find an Agreement between Detectorists
i took a guest on one of my farms he found something not willing to inform farmer, if i do i will probably loose permission.
 Not sure what to do ?
ie not to go on my permissions without me
items found over certain value farmer gets 50% even if not treasure.

Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 01:41:51 PM »

That's very bad form on his behalf and if he's any kind of mate he should respect your wishes.

I am not aware of any formal between 'Detectorists Agreement' and doubt very much if it existed if would be worth the paper its written on.

Worlds gone mad and greedy!. He's your mate, you invited him on, he should do the decent thing and honour your wishes.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
jtalbot0001

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 02:18:20 PM »

That is very sad indeed. I can only suggest you get an agreement with the farmer now, so if your so called friend was spotted on the land in the future, you have the proof you have exclusive permission. And if the farmer asks why the agreement now, just say it protects both you and him for any future finds etc. Jon. And you can then tell your friend you have sole access.

THE TALBOT MOTTO: "To sniff out all things old and beautiful." ....... Just because I'm extinct doesn't mean I can't sniff out the hammereds!
carling2

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 08:07:11 PM »

It really does not surprise me and sorry to say there is far to much greed going on in this hobby and I'm sure it will only get worse I'm sure most of us have tales of someone extracting the urine.. Fact of the matter is finds and land is getting scarce and people will detect anywhere especially if its a place they  haven't already got... The grass always looks greener but seldom is.. Hard rule is take nobody on your permissions and think if the boot was on the other foot... Personally I got fed up of asking people to come on my permissions only cause they couldn't be bothered to get there own..(hey I been tectin close to 20 years and been asked to go on someone else's sites maybe 5 times in that period while I've kept some in sites to go on for years) Something which is very rife in this hobby and as said with the lack of land will only get worse.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 08:52:17 PM by carling2 » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal