Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A wee, a wee, my kingdom for a wee!  (Read 5601 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: December 29, 2019, 04:38:21 PM »

I decided to give Talacre sands one last sweep before the old year slips away and motored down there early this morning; catching the low tide at dawn.

Only managed four coins, one lead fishing weight, a doggy tag, and of course a good helping of scrap; not all WWII stuff though.

By lunch time the incomming tide had pushed me up to the foot of the dunes and I was  greeted by a great multitude of dogs and their owners. There were hundreds of the bloody things; rather like some grand Crufts parade! With only a couple of metres atwix the high tide and the foot of the dunes, it was all quite congested and then, blow me down, I needed a wee. Desperate for a totally unaccompanied wee, I eventually slipped through a gap in the dunes, only to discover that there were dog owners and their pets strolling through there. Took me flamin ages to find a spot that offered considerable privacy. Oh, the trials  and tribulations of metal detecting! Could have been worse, I suppose!  Roll Eyes

Also had a nice long chat with a young Iranian family and judging by their dress, and dad's gold ornamentation, they were quite well to do.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 03:58:57 PM »

Ha Ha ! Shouldn’t laugh, been there, done that !

Strange you should mention having a natter with the Iranian family. A few days ago I happened upon a lady taking her grand daughter for a walk. She was, judging by her head dress, a Muslim, with a difference.
She is English (convert ?) her grand daughter (age 4) is Chinese with a Chinese Mom and an English Dad. Go figure !
Such a nice lady and lovely little girl. She couldn’t speak a word of English and she’s going to a Welsh 1st language school after the Summer. Poor little mite she’ll wonder what plantet she’s on.
They can’t be too bad off either. They’ve rented a cottage here for a month to help the mother and child to acclimatise before settling into a busy environment in Swansea.

I haven’t managed anything other than baby sitting sick dogs. They’re like kids, take it in turns. Nearly lost the Schnauzer, thanks to an in-experienced Junior Vet, but OK now. Little one still a bit dicky but I’m sure she’ll be OK.

Not really detecting weather though, is it, unless you’re a newby and full of enthusiasm.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 04:01:41 PM by Val Beechey » Logged

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 08:14:15 PM »

Jeez, thank goodness for good old Val. I was beginning to think I had fallen into detecting never land. It was getting kinda lonely in here! Where is everybody these days; on FaceBook perhaps?

As you already know, some of our fellow detectorist often complain about members of the general public coming over to ask have we found anything decent. Me, I always try to give folk some time; in case they be farmers and may 'just' give me permission to detect on their land.  Some time ago a young lady came across to chat and it turned out that she was a farmer! The farm was in bloody New Zeeland though!!!  Roll Eyes

A good while ago I bought one of those EasySwing detector harnesses and found it to be a great aid for easing the stress on my right arm. The harness worked a treat for my lighter detectors but upon switching it over to the Safari and the larger coils the elasticated section eventually over stretched and defeated the whole object of using it. The EasySwing was stuck in a box in the office until last week. Me n the wife were shopping in ALDI when I saw that they were selling strong webbing type dog collars that were fitted
with similar connecting clips to those used on the EasySwing.

Having bought one of the larger ALDI dog collars, I set to and did a bit of tailoring with a sharp pair of scissors and hey presto ........... my EasySwing now has a strong replacement for the over stretched elasticated section and has now been tested in the field and proved to be ok. The collar has a flourecent strip on it, that lights up at the press of a concealed switch; just the thing for your dogs on these dark winter nights. Not bad for just under three quid!

A gentle massage can work wonders for poorly pooches, but I suppose that you know that already. Oh, I bumped into DingDong on MDF again least week and he tells me that he has give up detecting 'again'.  Roll Eyes

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal