Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got to the back of the 'Q'  (Read 5397 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: July 02, 2019, 08:11:24 PM »

Whilst waiting to get in my trip to Colwyn Bay, I decided put in a visit to Talacre and see how my old bones would cope. Left the Safari and stainless steel sand scoop at home and opted to take the Quest Q40 and the cut down border spade, plus ProPointer.

Gone was the early morning start and the before dawn saunter onto the high water mark and I also took things real easy driving down the coast road. Despite thinking that I knew where all my detecting gear was stowed at home, it took me ages to dig it all out; with 50% of it hiding in plain site! And despite the Q40 being considerably lighter than the Safari, I should have taken the EasySwing with me.

The weather was superb, being sunny and not too hot but it took me a wee while to remember how to drive the bloody Chinese Q40! As far as finds were concerned, the best I could manage was £1.04p in decimals, a Kennel Club dog tag, and the usual projectiles and shrapnel but I was easily able to skate over much of the scrap and spot some of the better signals in between.

Wasn't too bad a day really and I didn't overdo it, so gone were the aches, pains, and suffering of past Talacre jaunts. Hopefully I can get an other day's detecting in before I get me down to Colwyn Bay. Now, where 'did' I put that EasySwing?

Stay safe, stay well, and happy hunting

Chris Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 10:55:04 PM »

Nice to hear you got out, at last Chris. My first outing only lasted a couple of hours and I did the much the same as you. Had to look through the instructions to remind myself how switch on  Roll Eyes chose somewhere fairly flat, took it easy and was surprised I had no ill effects. Didn’t find anything but had a crash course on ‘how to do it’ and really enjoyed being out in the middle of nowhere again.
I had a ‘senior moment’ today and did something so out of character, I think I must have been possessed. It took me months to make up my mind to buy the Equinox but less than 5 mins to buy a car  Shocked nothing special but it’ll suit me (and the dogs).
A Hyundai i10 SE 4 years old with (wait for it) 5,000 miles on the clock. Immaculate.
Think it will, like the NOX, be my last.
John says I’d better get out there and find a hoard to pay for it  Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 04:12:06 PM »

Hi Val,
                                           I had sneaked the Q40 handbook into my bag before setting off so it wasn't too bad when I forgot a bit here or there. When I first read 'new car' I had visions of one of those flame red sports models with the black horse on it's crest!

Chris  Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 01:05:45 PM »

Shocked  Grin  Grin  Grin

Not my style Chris  Roll Eyes

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 05:43:15 AM »

Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal