Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Failed Post  (Read 7248 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« on: June 23, 2019, 08:12:09 AM »

OK thats definately IT !   Ive spent nearly an hour transferring, typing, re-sizing and generally faffing. Press the butto, and guess what ?  once again, wrong file type. OK post the typed bit, its gone. AHHHHHHHHH

Why Bother. And I'm sure that's why the site is dying.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Greg

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 10:16:47 AM »

Val, I have been to my big cupboard and pulled out my hobbyhorse again. As you well know this is one of my favourite subjects, I am lucky enough to have 3 devices to try and post photos, my iPhone, my iPad and my hp windows 10 laptop.
Don’t get me wrong I have posted photos in the past, using apps to shrink, change format and also e-mailed to my other devices to reduce size, I keep trying.
I wanted to post a nice Edward I penny last week, but like you had to give up in the end.
I am a member of 3 other web based clubs (not Facebook) and cannot remember having a failure on any of them.
I think this is one of the best sites for information, and it sad it is in decline.
Members have explained in the past, as to how they do it but the fraffing about has beaten me. Why should I bother.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 01:27:38 PM »

Hi Greg. I have the same as you and I’m sure the problem is with the site server. It’s not iOS compatible. That means, even when you transfer pics from iPad to laptop, it just won’t work. Transferring doesn’t change the original format.
Now if, like me you put your pics on the iPad, your on a looser with DW. One thing I haven’t tried yet is taking pics with my Huawei phone and transferring them direct to the windows laptop.
I started taking pics of finds with the iPad because the camera is so good and is excellent with close ups. I found out about none compatibility when I had the Huawei, it doesn’t like Apple. Also, like you I post on another forum, strait from the iPad, no trouble.
I will have to try phone to laptop when I’m in the mood, which I’m not at the mo. All too much like hard work
From the above ramblings you can see, it’s no good talking about or describing something without a pic. I can see, n my minds eye, what I’m on about but others can’t.
Ok ramble over. Time for a snooze, the rains arrived.

The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 02:53:24 PM »

There is no problem adding photos if the file type and size are ok.

This is a jpg, 243 kb size.

* claen obv.JPG (243.2 KB, 800x796 - viewed 565 times.)
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 02:54:15 PM »

What file type are your photos Val?
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 02:59:08 PM »

This one was taken a couple of days ago on my iphone. No problem posting it. Just resized in a straightforward image program.

From one of my other hobbies, cacti growing.

* Mamm theresae.JPG (256.71 KB, 1505x1100 - viewed 917 times.)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 04:37:08 PM »

Hi Peter, I have no idea but assume they are whatever iPad uses. iOS  seems to be what the up-dates tell us.
How do you find out, any idea ?

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 04:50:18 PM »

All the years I’ve been a member I-never had a problem with pics. Then all of a sudden last year they started being rejected. As you probably do, you write out your script first then add pics.
Fatal error !, you get a message saying ‘wrong file type’ then a list of which ones it will accept. Yesterday, and it was fairly long, so I think. Ok just use the script and tell readers to use imagination. Tried ‘back’ to return to script and it’s gone. How annoying is that.
Especially as I’d transferred the pics via email to myself, down loaded them into photos on my windows laptop, re-sited & down-sized pixels and then lost the lot.
As said to Greg, have new Huawei phone and haven’t tried that approach yet. Another mountain for me.
Oh how I hate modern technology  Angry

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 04:57:11 PM »

By the way, that is a cracking denarius and wow, so many flowers on such a tiny cacti !
Got a few myself and some amazing micro pics (all on iPad) would show you a couple BUT !

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 05:13:10 PM »

Just read an article about iPad pics. They use PNG which appantly are much bigger files.
Suggested action is, email to your laptop and use an AP to change file from PNG  to JPG.
Great another faff around. Now how do I do that ?  Tongue

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 09:17:29 PM »

Test   Not really sure how that worked but it has. Found instructions on how to change file type in PAINT on laptop.
So here goes, send yourself an email with pic attached.  Save to pictures.  Find Pic and open in PAINT. Click on FILE [top left] Go to Save. Select Save as.  Choose JPEG.

This produces another copy of pic. If your hover curser over each you can see which one is JPEG. Select the JPG one to attach to post.

In case Ive got that wrong I'm going to do it again. Stand by  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 09:44:15 PM by Val Beechey » Logged

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 09:38:38 PM »

TEST 2 - That was a bit shakey but I think I got there. Have made a correction  in above post. Its def the JPG pic you want.
Hope this helps - phew, I'm too old for this sort of thing  Grin

* image1a Flint Core.jpg (94.5 KB, 500x400 - viewed 1649 times.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 09:47:01 PM by Val Beechey » Logged

The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 09:48:44 PM »

You did it  Smiley Cool
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2019, 10:39:55 PM »

This one was taken a couple of days ago on my iphone. No problem posting it. Just resized in a straightforward image program.

From one of my other hobbies, cacti growing.

You've never said about that - at least not that I can remember Smiley - are you a member of the Cardiff Cactus Soc then? I turned up a couple of times, but whilst I grow a lot of cactus and succulents, there's a limit to the number of societies I can be in Smiley Must admit (and I know they aren't cactus) I seem to have a lot of different Euphorbia Smiley
Greg

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2019, 09:46:24 AM »

hope this works Val.

* ICKS4184.jpg (64.3 KB, 378x500 - viewed 1558 times.)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal