Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Back after a long spell off...  (Read 3838 times)
Dusty

« on: June 21, 2019, 06:09:07 PM »

Hello all.

After what feels like a lifetime's worth of life's carp I'm back and looking to buy something. Budget is tight which is a bind but I'll have to work with what I have. I know I've asked before sometime back about the Newforce R1 but just wanted to throw it out again in the hope someone's recently used one and has something to say about it. I've sniffed one out local to me for £160 in good condition and has the smaller coil and steam. Nearly dropped the hammer on it a few times but not entirely sure it's a good buy at that price especially when there is next to nothing on the tube to demonstrate how well it performs.

Any thoughts?
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 09:55:09 PM »

I don't know anyone who uses one - so it's not a popular choice - but that doesn't mean it isn't good.

The only C-Scope I had was 20 years ago now, and I didn't really use it because I got it just as foot and mouth happened.....moved on to Minelab and Teknetics.

I looked up the RRP which is $600 - so £160 - should be good, although you could argue that as the second hand price is much lower than the new price, does that mean again it's any good, or that it's just not on people's radar?

Other detectors in the same price range are some of the Garrett Ace series (250 certainly) - and some of the Golden Masks. Personally I've not had any luck myself with the Golden Masks, but a lot of people were using them a few years back. I've had more success with the Garrett series - I bought one for my boy - nice and easy to use, and a few members on here have had some really good finds.

I am slightly worried about the lack of information online about it - with very few reviews...hopefully someone else might have more info on it.
wirrall jeffo
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 05:47:27 PM »

got a teknetics eurotek pro there with 3 coils for 200 much newer technology than the newforce 1
Dusty

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 06:17:38 PM »

Been looking for info for days and still can't find much info. Surprises me being a UK made detector there isn't more info about? £160 is quite alot of dough to part with for a pup. Decisions decisions...
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 07:35:34 PM »

Sorry can's help; never heard of them! I had a EuroAce for a couple of years and found loads of stuff with it; including a couple of hammies, some silver, and a wee bit o' gold. Eventually sold it on, along with four coils, but then wished that I hadn't!  Undecided

Chris Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 08:30:23 AM »

Just because no-one has heard of it, doesn't make it bad - but I would have thought that if really was a game changer then there would be more about it out there; mind you there are machines out there (I'm thinking of the Blisstool for instance) that seemed to make a splash and then basically disappeared from view.
buzzerman

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 11:06:50 AM »

Just because no-one has heard of it, doesn't make it bad - but I would have thought that if really was a game changer then there would be more about it out there; mind you there are machines out there (I'm thinking of the Blisstool for instance) that seemed to make a splash and then basically disappeared from view.
---not a detector that I would not recommend to anyone [all hype] but looks spectacular in the videos but with very poor in results when out when detecting in the field.that was my personal experience with this detector.
Nap
Rally attendee

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2019, 04:34:41 PM »

I remember when it came out - for all the hype it had pretty poor performance then and in the intervening decades has been easily outmatched by many entry level machines - for instance, the Garrett 250 is far superior and they are super cheap 2ndhand on Ebay.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal