Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help please.  (Read 3637 times)
Zerocool69
Rally attendee

« on: June 18, 2020, 10:00:58 AM »

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before...
I have been given permission by an owner of 35 acres of land to metal detect on his property. Is there any sort of contract or hints and tips that I should be aware of before just turning up?
I would like to protect myself as well as the owner of the property should anything interesting be found on his land.
Any help that you wise and knowledgeable members could give would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.
carling2

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 10:29:53 AM »

It as been mentioned before and is something I can't stress is important enough,, go once at said land and if there's nothing there( there is very little in a lot of places) then just carry on as normal but if you go there and start finding stuff especially of historical interest get a landowner contract, 1 can be downloaded for free off the Internet, it covers you and covers them and avoids complications later down the line( most farmers are happy you detecting on there land until they hear your finding stuff actually worth money🤑)
Zerocool69
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 12:55:25 PM »

Thanks Carling2,
I'm all a bit of a newbie when it comes to land detecting, I usually tend to detect beaches ( as and when I can ). This landowner in question, isn't a farmer, he just happens to be very well off and have a lot of land. I just wanted to make sure that if anything is found, that we are both covered. He is a very nice gentleman and as his land has seen a lot of roman history, I'm hoping that there will be some interesting finds. I will do as you suggest and down load a contract, is there a specific type of contract or website that I should use, or are they all pretty generic?

Many Thanks,
 ( and sorry if this has been mentioned in the past.)
Greg

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 06:43:16 AM »

https://www.ncmd.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/ncmd-search-agreement.pdf
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 09:43:01 AM »

Good link, Greg.

I agree with Carling's advice - I'm sure with 35 acres it won't take long to find any hotspots too.
Greg

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 08:22:03 AM »

Thanks Probono. I have many permissions but three of them did not want to sign, (I made up my own document in the early days).
I still detect the land and if they are about, I show them my finds, one of them can’t be bothered and the other two are interested in the history of the land, but I don’t know what would happen if I found something valuable, at my age I don’t really care, I just enjoy being out in the fields.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal