Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recent Finds  (Read 4060 times)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« on: August 03, 2019, 09:12:45 AM »

Im playing catch up on posting these finds. The roman knife handle I found at over 12" in pasture it dates 1st-2nd century. Hare and Hound design. Primarily used as a razor and associated with legionnaires. On the same search the little hammered penny of Henry 1st came up as well. The 4 hammered pennies 3 short cross and 1 long was from a search yesterday on newly harvest stubble barley . Considering it was stubble which I generally hate unless rotted down it was a great result for the mighty Nox. Any way it's harvest time so lets hope we get some nice finds up soon guys and girls. Wink   

* 001.JPG (119.7 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 688 times.)

* 002.JPG (237.45 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 677 times.)

* 003.JPG (227.56 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 675 times.)

* 004.JPG (269.16 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 680 times.)

* 005.JPG (287.44 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 744 times.)
roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 01:43:51 PM »

Beautiful finds once again Paul.  Your posts are so dynamic and encouraging, they give all of us hope.  Especially me at the moment.  Being laid up from my surgery and just chomping at the bit to try out my new Nox.  Thanks again for the settings.  I've been practising in the living room.
Now the harvest is with us, I'm expecting to see many more lovely finds from you.  So keep them coming please!!!
Congratulations to all involved in organising the Rodney Cook Memorial Rally, you've raised an incredible amount of money and deserve every accolade for your efforts.
Cheers and Happy Digging!!!!  Tom.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 04:02:04 PM »

Absolutely staggering Paul. Thanks for posting. As Tom said it makes us all feel a bit more enthusiastic to get out there and have a go. Though I have no great expectations.
Braved the Sun a couple of weeks ago and it called my bluff. Weather man said cloudy, HA ! Nearly cooked me but I did come home with a nice 1920 shilling  Grin

Hardly dare mention that on the same post as yours but well, hey ho, there you go.

Keep ‘em coming, we all enjoy seeing them 👍

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 08:55:01 PM »

Beautiful finds once again Paul.  Your posts are so dynamic and encouraging, they give all of us hope.  Especially me at the moment.  Being laid up from my surgery and just chomping at the bit to try out my new Nox.  Thanks again for the settings.  I've been practising in the living room.
Now the harvest is with us, I'm expecting to see many more lovely finds from you.  So keep them coming please!!!
Congratulations to all involved in organising the Rodney Cook Memorial Rally, you've raised an incredible amount of money and deserve every accolade for your efforts.
Cheers and Happy Digging!!!!  Tom.
Thanks Tom, If I recall you and Ron does pretty well mate, I know what it's like to be recovering doesn't seem that long ago I had my burst appendix set me rite back the hospital never had a long enough drip lead to reach to my fields lol. Joking aside don't rush you guys will be back in the fields again soon. I play a small part in organising the rally that's down to Cookie , his wife Lisa, and a few really good friends of his at our club. But I'll put the hours leading up to and over the days of the rally....
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 09:09:43 PM »

Absolutely staggering Paul. Thanks for posting. As Tom said it makes us all feel a bit more enthusiastic to get out there and have a go. Though I have no great expectations.
Braved the Sun a couple of weeks ago and it called my bluff. Weather man said cloudy, HA ! Nearly cooked me but I did come home with a nice 1920 shilling  Grin

Hardly dare mention that on the same post as yours but well, hey ho, there you go.

Keep ‘em coming, we all enjoy seeing them 👍
Hi Val. Hopefully now the harvest is on the way more finds will be posted. If it encourages a few to get out that's good, you don't get anything unless you commit, good land helps of course and despite many saying it's all taken up I hear this a lot, thats defitive. We all need to post finds Val, no matter it's rarity or condition, at least you had silver. I'll keep them coming, I know you and a couple of others enjoy seeing them. The forums not like it was years ago so much was posted, talked about and commented on but we know what that's down too eh....speak soon take care.....Paul
Mungo

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 09:45:50 PM »

Cool Cool love the handle.............
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 07:23:13 AM »

Great finds I like the handle too Grin
relicron

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 03:23:18 PM »

cracking finds again paul fairplay to you,i hope tommy broken hip hurry up and get right,as I am itching to get out there myself,lol,cheers paul.Ron

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal