Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scuba Detector  (Read 3209 times)
roughneck

T2 SE

« on: April 26, 2019, 02:08:28 PM »

Hi Folks
Anyone used the Deteknics  Scuba Detector in the sea?  (It looks like a Garret Carrot with a small coil on the end)
If so, is it any good?  Can it be taken in hold luggage on holidays?  Is it worth buying one?  Anyone got one they'd like to sell ?  Daft questions I suppose, but I'm going abroad soon and would love to spend a little time snorkelling and detecting in the shallows whilst the wife is tanning herself.

Cheers.  Tom.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 11:06:07 PM »

No idea, but have always been interested in the idea of detecting in and under water, not that I can swim well, or scuba at all Smiley

Did see the 'River Hunters' on telly -  what they were doing looking like hard work in poor visibility, but then they were wading around rather than actually being under water - that must be pretty hard.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 07:39:29 PM »

CelticSpikey (Paul) is the one to give advice on detecting under water. I seem to remember he did it on his last hol. Don’t know what gear he used though. You could send him a PM and ask.
I’ve been watching the River Hunters and I was of the same thought. They seem to be making hard work of it, with not much idea either.
Interesting to note the best find of the series so far, an axe head, was in the loose stuff above the water line and found by a local volunteer helper.

One thing’s for sure. You wouldn’t get me trying it, I’m Aqua phobic.  I panic in the shower  Shocked

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 07:43:20 PM »

Hi guys, I'm still around. Thanks for thinking of me Val  Kiss Tom, My answer is yes mate get one you won't regret it I had hours of fun in the shallows obviously you can't go to deep but for snorkelling around the shallows sat arms length they are ideal. I had the scubatector used it e wry day for hours. I'll try and find my finds pictures mate and put it up also. Chat a bit more ok....Paul
roughneck

T2 SE

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 09:53:40 PM »

Thanks Val and Roly.  Paul is the right man to talk to.  Looking forward to working the shallows if I get the opportunity.
Cheers.  Tom.  ANYONE SELLING A SCUBA DETECTOR HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh??

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal