Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safari beach settings?  (Read 10711 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2019, 07:25:35 PM »

I think it’s all to do with the recovery speed. The Safari isn’t the fastest gun in the West but it sure is accurate when you hit a target.
All Minelabs benefit from a slow swing and as you said, if you concentrate on the swing position, you won’t miss much.
Just to rub it in a bit I have to say the NOX is the Bees knees at recovery speed and you can adjust it. It was one of the main selling points. Even so they recommend slow and low.

HH. Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2019, 09:07:33 PM »

Don't forget that as you swing the coil left and right, at the same time as you stride, you may be leaving wedge shaped gaps at the end of each sweep. I worked a paddock for a good few hours with the Safari and pulled out loads of coins; both  decimal and pre-decimal. A week or so later I worked the same section of paddock using a Quest Q40 and continued to pull out plenty of coins.

I put the continued recovery of coins from the paddock down to a more efficient sweep of  the coil, rather than the Q40 being any better than the Safari; which it isn't! I will often swing the Safari to a count of four seconds but do tend to have the shaft extended to almost maximum. Yes, progress can be quite slow but you will not miss much!

Chris Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal