Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic Golf Ball  (Read 3944 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« on: February 25, 2019, 09:25:46 AM »

Tried the NOX in my field for the first time a couple of days ago. Excursion was as much a test for me as the detector. Only lasted an hour but it was a great test.
I’ve read a lot about peeps finding goodies with low numbers and sketchy signals so thats what I concentrated on.
One very feint signa, no numbers so I dug it. All I could find was a golf ball. Checked the hole, nothing else, signal gone. I thought, it can’t be the ball, can’t it ?
Well it was  Shocked. Turns out to be a ‘Flight Scope’ ball fitted with a chip that can be traced by radar ! How about that !
Seems they used them, or similar, in the tournaments. That’s how the cameras trace the ball from strike to landing. You live and learn eh ! How one got in my field is another story.
I also found a sixpence. Came out in a nice cold of compacted soil. When I broke it open there was the sixpence and the most amazing impression of it in the clod. I took a pic of it but unfortunately (don’t know why? ) DW won’t accept pics from an iPad. Shame !
Will say for anyone ‘up there’ watching , I and others cannot and haven’t posted anything for months because of this problem.

CAN IT BE SORTED OUT ? ? ?  Please

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
s12aun

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 10:42:51 AM »

It's the image size, i have to email them to myself reducing the image size as an attachment then use my laptop to upload. Not sure if its only apple that does this as i'm now using android and have not tried it.

Ooooo that sounds nice Smiley
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 01:47:26 PM »

Hi Shaun. Yes already tried that. Get a message telling me it’s the wrong sort of file.
Like others I’ve tried everything except sending it by email and you can’t email DW anyway.
I’ll just have to get my old lap top out  Undecided

Greg

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 07:13:17 PM »

That’s why people don’t post on this site, it has been my hobby horse for ages, i have had lots of coins and artefacts that I wanted to post, I can understand the size issue but why wrong type, I use a number of sites with no problem.
I have used apps in the past to convert and reduce, but it would be better to get the forum software to sort it out, not make us numpties jump through hoops.
This is a good site, but it could be great.
Rant over again and again and again.
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 11:38:39 PM »

I must admit that when I post, I don't from any mobile communication device. I think half the problem is the size of images that even the most dumb phone takes now.

Forums like this don't have the bandwidth to cope - FB at least sizes the images for you when uploading to something more reasonable - that's why you wouldn't have a problem there.

I get around it by connecting my device to my PC, and using a free snipping tool called 'ScreenHunter' - you draw a box around the item and then it saves it to a folder you specify, as a jpeg and at acceptable resolution, but also at a size accepted by pretty much everything.

How long a way we have come from days when a forum like this couldn't have existed - I remember getting a really rubbish digital camera in early 2002 - if you took the batteries out you lost your images.......and I am slowly digitizing my 'real world' photos - and printing out my digital ones.....
s12aun

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 11:28:05 AM »

I just attach all the images i want to an email on y phone and send them to myself but select the resize option and select small image. I can then save the images again and upload via the phone (android) or laptop. I think the issue is with apple and iphones/ipads as i couldn't post on here after sending via my old iphone as the images were not compatible.

Ooooo that sounds nice Smiley
wittsy1

Where am I?

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 01:49:30 PM »

I use a site called Irfanview (32-bit) which is free to download and go through the following steps

1. Download pics from phone to PC
2. Open your pics with Irfanview
3. Click on "image" Tab which will give you a list of options. Click on Resize/Resample and in box adjust width to 1200 and then press OK
4. Click on "File" Tab and go to option Save for web (plugin). Click on compress to size, enter file size (I use 200)
5. And save.

You should now be able to attach image/images to your posts.

Not as long winded as it looks

Anyway back to the Magic Ball, interesting find Val. Can't say that I've lost one  Grin Wink Grin
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 05:31:06 PM »

Glad to hear that Steve Roll Eyes

You say P.C.inyour post.does that mean an ordinary Lap Top or does it include IPad tablets.
I experimented last night with the lap top. Sent myself an EMail with a pic attached. I have phone, lap top and iPad all synced. I went through the old process I always used on the lap top.
Down loaded the pic and saved it to pictures. Then picked it up in Paint and re-sized it. Tried to attach it to a post and got the same message ‘wrong file type’ It then listed the acceptable files. I know the pic was a j.peg but I the list of files on DW it said jpg. Do you know if they are the same ?
The only difference I can see is that the pic came from my iPad. I didn’t convert it by it def. registered as j.peg.
I’ve only had this problem since using Apple. Old camera and lap top - easy peesie.
So much for modern tech !
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 07:11:02 PM by Val Beechey » Logged

N8

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 06:16:56 PM »

I use my galaxy tab with an app called PHOTO AND PICTURE RESIZER which is free to use/download

You can either take a picture with the app or resize the one you want to a smaller size, i usually go to the smallest one as you can zoom in somewhat on the web

The select pic symbol, additional options, choose file, find the one you made smaller which will be at the top and hit post

Hope this helps  Huh

To dig or not to dig? That is the question
wittsy1

Where am I?

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 04:22:54 PM »

Glad to hear that Steve Roll Eyes

You say P.C.inyour post.does that mean an ordinary Lap Top or does it include IPad tablets.
I experimented last night with the lap top. Sent myself an EMail with a pic attached. I have phone, lap top and iPad all synced. I went through the old process I always used on the lap top.
Down loaded the pic and saved it to pictures. Then picked it up in Paint and re-sized it. Tried to attach it to a post and got the same message ‘wrong file type’ It then listed the acceptable files. I know the pic was a j.peg but I the list of files on DW it said jpg. Do you know if they are the same ?
The only difference I can see is that the pic came from my iPad. I didn’t convert it by it def. registered as j.peg.
I’ve only had this problem since using Apple. Old camera and lap top - easy peesie.
So much for modern tech !

I download pics from my Apple iphone onto laptop Val and then do the conversion with Irfanview.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 10:50:48 PM »

Test from Lap Top. One of my dog walks.   O.K. That worked and proves a point. The problem is with Apple. Pic downloaded from EMail from Phone to Lap Top and attached to post. No problem. So much for the ipad.. Another lesson learned.  Grin

* A Walk on the Common.jpg (338.6 KB, 900x506 - viewed 1149 times.)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 10:55:12 PM by Val Beechey » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal