Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Found Nothing but Lost Somethings  (Read 5197 times)
wittsy1

Where am I?

« on: February 06, 2019, 05:04:51 PM »

What a silly Billy. I went out 2 Sundays ago which is the first time since Christmas, after 3 hours of wandering aimlessly and finding nothing but scrap I went back to the car, packed my gear away and drove home only to find that when I went in the boot, I had only packed away Detector and Shovel. My pin pointer, finds pouch, headphones and wellies were left On the grass verge. I drove back the 7 miles to my permission to find all items gone. My Missus was not very amused as some of the items she had bought me so into the doghouse I had to go. I don't understand why she has'nt offered to buy me replacements though, Women eh! Strange creatures  Wink Smiley Grin
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 08:28:59 PM »

Blimey Steve what a bummer. Must have had your mind on a nice hit cup of tea and the settee.
I can’t criticise you though because I’ve done it myself. I was luckier than you though. Brand new pair of boots. Changed into shoes at the back of the car and left them in the middle of the track, got home, unloaded, noticed what I’d done and drove strait back.
Actually they looked quite odd sitting side by side in the middle of the track.
At least you didn’t have a fantastic find in the bag. The pinpointers an expensive loss though as are the head-phones.
Make you think harder next time out.

p.s. my best trick is leaving the keys dangling in the lock. One of these days I’ll find the cars gone  Shocked

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
onehorseAl( Al)

FID,Explorer !! & Deus User

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 02:32:20 PM »

If it was out Angle way check with Pembs Prospectors Secfredtaey.At last meeting she had had an email about found detecting Items which nobody in the club had lost.Al,

Let the world go away 'cos I'm Bleeping today.
wittsy1

Where am I?

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 03:54:58 PM »

Thank you al, just sent you PM.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 04:08:21 PM »

👍👍 🤞

onehorseAl( Al)

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 05:51:14 PM »

Hope you are ion  luck. Smiley

wittsy1

Where am I?

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 12:49:46 PM »

What a result, got my lost gear back. Made contact with secretary of Pembs Prospectors who gave me the number for the person that found the items. Turns out he is a National Parks Ranger, a very nice chap called Chris Taylor. Anyway we verified what the items where and where I had lost them, all went good and I collected them from him this morning. Big thanks to onehorseAl for posting that lost detecting items had been reported to Pembs Prospectors.  Grin Grin Kiss
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 04:13:40 PM »

Excellent outcome Steve. Bet Mrs Wittsy is well pleased and has let you out of the dog-house  Grin

onehorseAl( Al)

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 10:17:07 PM »

Glad you got your bits back.Al

JBM

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 09:28:27 AM »

This is a good example where insurance comes to mind.

I pay a little extra on the the house contents insurance and have my equipment covered up to £2000 Wink

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 04:23:04 PM »

Great idea for an expensive detector but not a lot of use for the smaller items, e.g. the pinpointer.
Most of us have an excess written into the deal and by the time you’ve taken that into account it isn’t worth the hassle of claiming.

Before you pay extra it’s worth checking if your covered in your home contents for personal belongings away from home and how much. 

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 10:25:02 PM »

Oh, what a lucky boy and a superb result; still some honest folk about.

I remember spending all day detecting on Talacre sands and upon packing the car and leaving, having a strange feeling that something was missing. It was only when I got home that I realised my ProPointer was missing.

My Mrs thought that I was loopy when I said that I was going back to look for the pointer on the sands. I spent an hour or two searching the spooky sands with a small hand torch but to no avail. I slept over in the caravan that night and returned at first light to have an other go and remained hopeful that no one had picked up my trusty bit o' kit.

Within quite a short time I found said poiter and thanked my lucky stars. It turned out that I had walked passed it several times in the dark and the high tide had not reached it over night.

I very quickly invested in a lanyard! Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Andre

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2019, 07:10:51 PM »

What an amazing story!
There’s still good people around us

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal