Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Storms  (Read 3820 times)
Stanley
Rally attendee

« on: December 21, 2018, 05:57:06 PM »

Have the recent strong winds stopped everyone posting? I know it is close to Christmas but is nobody out there digging things up?

Noswaith dda

Regards

Stanley
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 09:22:24 PM »

Cheesy
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 10:00:15 PM »

Have the recent strong winds stopped everyone posting? I know it is close to Christmas but is nobody out there digging things up?

Noswaith dda

Regards

Stanley
[/quote In the good old days of DW many moons ago Stanley, the worst the storms the more posts you would see, especially on the beaches every day regular beach detectorists my self included showed off the BLING...22s, 18s and 9ct.....Personally I do not get on the beaches often enough and for got my last time I saw the hint of Gold on the sand, mite try and get back on them after Xmas and see if I can't whip some up. We do go quiet on DW on occasions and this is no exception. Stay with it, keep posting... Wink
Stanley
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 11:28:11 AM »

I still check in Smiley but the youtube channel work is keeping me busy. I might be able to convince the family to go to the beach tomorrow so i can test out my new video bits
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 02:32:08 PM »

I've been out once this month - a combination of weather - work / life balance and that my go-to-permission is pretty empty - my other permissions I have to phone up in advance - and are that bit further away, which makes spur of the moment detecting more challenging Smiley.

Last outing I found a thimble and some shrapnel - which is pretty good for me at the moment, but not really worth posting - no coins, no interesting artefacts, whole or otherwise.

I'm hoping to go to my Gloucestershire permission over the holidays  - I've only been there twice so there is plenty of land I haven't walked over yet, even if the previous two trips were at best disappointing, given it's next to a roman road and there's a roman villa there I should find something, but it's almost empty (so far).
Stanley
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 10:35:01 AM »

Hello Probono, If you need someone to tag along I am ready Grin...though probably they will make me go to work instead Tongue

I am currently filling Mrs. Stanley with choc so I can get a couple of hours out today

Not looking promising
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 12:52:05 AM »

Hello Probono, If you need someone to tag along I am ready Grin...though probably they will make me go to work instead Tongue

I am currently filling Mrs. Stanley with choc so I can get a couple of hours out today

Not looking promising

Haven't been out yet - hope you managed to get a few hours. I did look (by eye) under Penarth Pier - especially as there was a really low tide today, but only found a bunch of screws (a friend found a modern penny).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal