Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New permission  (Read 1872 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: September 20, 2018, 12:50:31 AM »

A friend and his wife have recently renovated a prewar bungalow that sits upon a third of an acre of land. Most of the front and back gardens are predominantly lawn with  aproximately just over a metre of border running around the perimiter.

Having been invited to take the metal detector down to the property and see if we could find anything, I took the Safari and the Snake coil down there today and just had a quick scan on a section of one of the borders. The earth, beneath the surface, was almost as dry and crumbly as dried oxo cubes; even beneath the turfed areas!

Kept to one small area of border and recovered nothing more than a couple of predecimal coins and one or two rotting 2p pieces. Oh, and a few rusty nails and screws.

With the ground in it's present condition I wouldn't dream of cutting into any of the grassed areas but will probably return with the 13" ultimate coil fitted to the Safari and let my friend swing the Safari whilst I use the Quest Q40.

I wonder how long it is going to be before the earth gets a real good wetting?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 08:21:42 AM by Resurgam » Logged

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 02:36:06 AM »

Not sure where your friend is living Chris but toady might be the day . It started raining about 11 p.m. last night and is forecaste to continue, with a short break about 6 a.m. till tonight.
Let us know how you get on. It’s amazing what comes up in gardens.  Wink

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 06:44:22 AM »

And I thought I went to bed late (I was emailing people at 12:30 last night Smiley (.

Surprised the ground was as dry as you say, although when I detected back in the 6 acre garden the other day - despite much wetter conditions recently, the ground - at least in some areas was very dry.

That you found a number of pre-decimals in a small area suggests you will find more stuff - there have been far too many times recently where I have found almost nothing over a large area (such as on the beach on the weekend - of course not counting all the shreds of Aluminium.....)

Glad to see you out and about again Smiley
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 07:23:11 AM »

Odd you should mention that Roland. I”be noticed 2 things about quite a few detectorists. 1 is how late some of us stay up and the other is how many of us take Ibuprofen .
Does that make us insomniac, pain killer addicts Shocked

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 08:20:25 AM »

Sounds about right Val! Or perhaps some of us are just old Wink

After swinging the coil over a wee section of the property I zipped off home, got showered and changed, and then returned to pick up our friends and their daughter before driving down to a local Asian curry house. It was well turned one o'clock before me and the Mrs got home and I was full of strong coffe; hence the lateness of my postings.

The grass of the front lawn is still alive and green but I just couldn't believe how dry it was underneath. I would think that it is going to take more than one downpour to make it manageable.

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 08:23:51 AM »

Well it looks like a soggy doggy walkie this morning Chris.

Most annoying as I had my hair done yesterday !

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 08:48:57 AM »

Put a rain hood on girl; you still have one don't  you?  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal