Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: for sale v4 xp Deus  (Read 6431 times)
buzzerman

« on: August 27, 2018, 04:04:03 PM »

xp Deus v4 c.w elliptical h.f coil ws4 headphones manual.charger and original box purchased November 2017.reason for sale is that I'm giving up detecting after 43 years as the mind is still willing but the body is not,looking for around £700.collection preferred.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 04:02:04 PM by buzzerman » Logged
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 07:25:02 PM »

Sorry to hear that buzzerman but we can’t argue with the friends that come with getting older.
I did give it up last year but missed it so went mad and bought another machine.
Like you said, the mind is willing. My downfall, just can’t call it a day. Roll Eyes

Sure you’ll sell easily.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
JBM

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 07:52:26 PM »

Sorry to see Buzzerman that you are giving up the hobby.

Getting me a bit worried now, as in a months time I will be 84.

Iam sure that you will sell you XP they are very popular.

I wish you well and hope that you change your mind .

Jerry.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 07:34:07 AM »

Sorry to hear that you are leaving the fraternity Buzzerman.

Have you considered what the withdrawal symptoms are going to be like and have you thought what you may do to take the place of your detecting? Some other hobby?

I went through a physically challenging period with my detecting but eventually passed through that phase but presently must be going through some depression.  I look at my detecting gear, think about the fields plus the beach, and just can't be arsed to go out and swing the coil.

I, like you and a number of others, have been contemplating selling off all my detecting gear and giving up the hobby/sport altogether. I had already swapped off my CS4pi for an air rifle some time ago and I sold off my EuroAce +  extra coils to fund the purchase of a gun cabinet. Strange but I missed my EuroAce, despite having a Safari and a new Quest Q40!

I missed detecting two small winter wheat fields recently after the farmer had ploughed, seeded, and rolled them before I could get up enough steam to get out there and swing the coil. I have an invitation to detect a very large private garden on a pre-WWII property that used to belong to an old couple and the widow sold up and moved on. I may just give the gardens a go this coming week but just now it seams like too much trouble to bother.

Not going to be hasty about selling off all my gear but will wait and see how things go over the next six months.

Stay safe, stay well, and good luck with whatever you decide to eventually do

Chris Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 09:37:54 PM »

If it's any help on the garden front - I was asked if I wanted to detect a large (6 acre) garden last week and my first signal was a hammered shilling.

Almost went back today, but decided to detect the field next to it before it gets ploughed and seeded for next year - the garden will be there in the quiet times Smiley
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 10:04:14 PM »

The garden in question is only 3/4 of a mile from us and is mostly lawns front and back. 400 sq yards front and 200 at the back. Not too happy cutting into lawns but could perhaps easily work the narrow borders first off.  Will post in a separate thread next week.

Chris Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 10:05:06 PM »

Any buyers yet Buzzerman?

buzzerman

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 09:05:56 AM »

thanks guys for your comments,i was out yesterday detecting just to see how long I could manage to go without suffering to much and it took just 35 minutes detecting to end the days session but i did manage to find a edward 3rd hammered farthing which was some kind of reward for my effort but overall the decision I made earlier to say goodbye to metal detecting was justified in the end.please note that I have not yet received any interest in the Deus which is under a year old so will advertise it further on other sites to fulfil a sale.once again thanks mike[buzzerman]
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 04:23:50 PM »

Good luck Mike.  Smiley

Phil Aberaman
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 10:11:34 PM »

Always sad to see a fellow Detectorist hang up his shovel.

Good luck for the future Mike.
diggerdave1

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 10:39:16 PM »

Comes too us all at some point  Sad
I seem to spend more time in my armchair these days,,,,,, Roll Eyes
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 07:10:16 AM »

I have noticed that the more time I spend in the armchair, the stiffer my joints become; nowt else though!  Wink

Phil Aberaman
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 07:32:42 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal