Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus v5  (Read 5390 times)
celtic
Rally attendee

« on: July 29, 2018, 02:25:00 PM »

Anybody using v5 yet, the download is available now, So come on lets have your thoughts. The  forum seems so quiet these days.
 Cool

xp user. goldmaxx power with 11" coil, also g-maxx 2 with 11" and 14x12 coil, superb machines nothing else will do.
relicron

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 05:59:42 PM »

Hello paul,i don't know about the v5,but I wouldn't change my v3.2 for any of them or any other detector,i think its brill,and if your not finding it with that it just ain't there,myself and tom haven't been out for a couple of weeks now because of all this hot weather,but we will be out very shortly and we cant wait,let you know when we do ,cheers paul,Ron & Tom Wink
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 09:00:29 PM »

Well, I don't have a Deus anymore, so can't really comment, but I think part of the reason the forum is quiet is that a) I don't think many of us have been out recently and b) we're not meeting as a group much at the moment.
GJH

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 09:14:34 AM »

You are right, we really need a rally.
Geoff
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 10:31:32 AM »

I know chaps, its been a barren time. Unfortunately I struggle to find weekend time when I am available at the moment. That should get a bit easier in October. I have only swung a detector twice all year so far!

If anyone would like to host a DW rally on land they can get permission to hold one on then please talk to me and we can get the wheels in motion. Private Messages only please.

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
celtic
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 08:40:03 AM »

Deus v5.1 is out already.

xp user. goldmaxx power with 11" coil, also g-maxx 2 with 11" and 14x12 coil, superb machines nothing else will do.
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 11:16:37 AM »

I think V5.1 is aimed at interference with the new XP probes Celtic. Wink I've used V5 recently at the moment I would say it's a bit more sparky and a bit more in tuned with iron as I dug a bit more than usual ,?? Early days I still know people using V3 and wouldnt change and if your finding the gear why bother I say  Grin
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 09:04:18 PM »

I think V5.1 is aimed at interference with the new XP probes Celtic. Wink I've used V5 recently at the moment I would say it's a bit more sparky and a bit more in tuned with iron as I dug a bit more than usual ,?? Early days I still know people using V3 and wouldnt change and if your finding the gear why bother I say  Grin

I totally agree mate went on a Roman field today and it was so chattery also dug two hot rocks plus 3 iron?? Same site as I used my 3.2 machine with no problem
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 06:50:48 AM »

Glad it's not just me Dale, I just never felt confident with the latest version. I guess ultimately it works best with the HF coils may be and I haven't got one yet.
spaceonwhite

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 09:01:40 AM »

I haven’t noticed any chattering using v5 but I’m using a HF coil on the G-Maxx program. I’m still learning how to use the Deus so haven’t strayed from the set programs yet!
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2018, 11:34:05 AM »

Glad it's not just me Dale, I just never felt confident with the latest version. I guess ultimately it works best with the HF coils may be and I haven't got one yet.

I'm guessing the HF coils will only make the hot rocks and iron problem worse.
I'm sticking with the 11inch standard, it's all you need I think, i know it will help on a small cut quarter but how much small stuff will you be digging on a Roman site... grot fragments
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 08:28:16 PM »

Totally understand your reasoning Dale.  Wink
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 09:14:24 PM »

Oh Hell what V5 out  Shocked

I am still using version V2, out on our last  Brecon MDC club rally was the only one to find a hammy !

Think I will stick with the hammy magnet V2  Grin Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal