Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Groats  (Read 4097 times)
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« on: July 16, 2018, 07:27:12 PM »

These two Groats came up on two different visits from the same field the Ampulla was discovered. One is of Henry V1 Calais mint, the other Edward 1V Bristol mint. Really happy with these two and good condition .

* 022.JPG (43.91 KB, 448x336 - viewed 820 times.)

* 021.JPG (43.46 KB, 448x336 - viewed 808 times.)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 08:11:44 PM »

Very nice coins and in lovely condition. Just a comment about the one on the left. Have you noticed the Crown is lop-sided ?
I remember there was a member who started a collection of Bristol coins. Bet he’d love that one, if he hasn’t already got one.
Once again, well found Paul.

Found it. It was Dale. Interestingly when he first posted his new hobby of collecting he showed one coin he’d got and I noted the crown on that was lop-sided as well.
If you want to go back, search for Bristol Mint by Dale. (2013}
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 10:41:03 PM by Val Beechey » Logged

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
GJH

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 08:43:35 PM »

Very nice, well found.
Geoff
anthonyjay

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 09:23:47 AM »

Nice find Paul, reminds me of the two I found about three years ago, unfortunately they were about 4 yards apart and had to be declared for treasure etc. I gave them to the landowner when I got them back  ATB AJ
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 04:28:16 PM »

Nice find Paul, reminds me of the two I found about three years ago, unfortunately they were about 4 yards apart and had to be declared for treasure etc. I gave them to the landowner when I got them back  ATB AJ
At least you got them back AJ, nice for land owner to end up with them. Mine is same field but along way off from each other so unless more come up between no need to put through T/ Process.....
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 09:32:47 AM »

Nice Smiley

Glad they were very separated! one of mine from my hoard was about 20m away from everything else, and the Flo gave me plenty of opportunities not to hand it in, but I did anyway....wish I'd kept it as I've found no others since.

Is the letter below the bust on the Edward IV really a B - it's hard to tell, but it looked a bit like an E - which would mean it was a York / Bristol mule.
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 06:43:39 PM »

Nice Smiley

Glad they were very separated! one of mine from my hoard was about 20m away from everything else, and the Flo gave me plenty of opportunities not to hand it in, but I did anyway....wish I'd kept it as I've found no others since.

Is the letter below the bust on the Edward IV really a B - it's hard to tell, but it looked a bit like an E - which would mean it was a York / Bristol mule.

Hi Roland,

It does look like a E but it is a B that obverse die is worn, I seen 3 of that type groat and they have all been the same! it could be a reused die from his first reign, if you look on the reverse you can just make out the mm annulet so the reverse is a 2nd reign die.
I misplaced my spink catalog so i cant look it up, but if Paul tried he couldn't find a rarer one lol

Well done spikey Cheesy Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 07:33:10 PM »

Now I have to ask,  where were you lurking Dale  Grin

Nice to see you on site and thanks for the ID. Do you think Paul will be tempted to sell  Roll Eyes Grin

Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 07:49:42 PM »

Nice to see you on site and thanks for the ID. Do you think Paul will be tempted to sell  Roll Eyes Grin

Hi Val,

I still look on DW a few times a week but rarely log in, I was shocked to see I was collecting back in 2013!! where has the time gone.
Iv been busy working and being a dad Cheesy

one of the 3 examples I seen was in my collection, I dont think Paul will sale he normally hands me over his finds, hes good like that Cheesy Cheesy

I hope your well Kiss 
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 08:55:24 PM »

Very nice coins and in lovely condition. Just a comment about the one on the left. Have you noticed the Crown is lop-sided ?
I remember there was a member who started a collection of Bristol coins. Bet he’d love that one, if he hasn’t already got one.
Once again, well found Paul.

Found it. It was Dale. Interestingly when he first posted his new hobby of collecting he showed one coin he’d got and I noted the crown on that was lop-sided as well.
If you want to go back, search for Bristol Mint by Dale. (2013}
Sory I've only just got back to you Val, yes it's not unusual the crown. Well done it was Dale, I know he collected Grosts also in to his Iron Age aswell, I haven't herd from him for a while I know he's busy with work and of course he's a big family man. Mite go back to the field tomorrow to see if there's any more lol.
I have had a couple of hammered pennies a couple of days ago I will put them up later.
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 08:57:07 PM »

Very nice, well found.
Geoff
Thanks for your comments Geoff.
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 09:02:14 PM »

Nice Smiley

Hi Roland, thanks for your comments.  Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 09:05:52 PM »

I mite be Val, I'm after a Deus HF coil to lift more targets than the stock coil. This coil is the buiseness as I've detected with a mate who beta tested them, so I know they worth.  Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 09:11:34 PM »

Hi Val,

I still look on DW a few times a week but rarely log in, I was shocked to see I was collecting back in 2013!! where has the time gone.
Iv been busy working and being a dad Cheesy

one of the 3 examples I seen was in my collection, I dont think Paul will sale he normally hands me over his finds, hes good like that Cheesy Cheesy

I hope your well Kiss 
We do miss your input Dale, for a young man  Roll Eyes you have good knoledge on collecting and detecting. Your rite time does whip by all too quickly mate.

Hand over my finds lol, you smooth talker... Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 07:44:01 AM »

Ah, quite like old times for a nano second  Grin

We do miss you on DW Dale but make the most of being a Dad. Before you know it the kids are grown up. Easy to forget how quickly time passes.

I’m still going, after a fashion. Was joking the other day, I was complaining about all the appointments I have to remember. The Docs, The Dentist, The Optition, Re-call on the car. John said well all you need now is a false leg and you’re as good as new, as long as none of the bits drop off !  Shocked  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal