Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Talacre still yielding plenty o' scrap  (Read 3898 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: July 07, 2018, 04:38:01 PM »

Despite having been laid off for a couple of occasions and having sold off our static caravan, I still do put in some detecting sessions on the sands between the Point of Ayre and Presthaven sands. I haven't been posting any pics because I was thinking that pictures of Talacre 'same-old' 'same-old' wouldn't be very interesting for others.

Still plenty of WWII RAF scrap hiding down there; plus the occasional bit of bling, or a surprise. I recently picked up a flake of sandstone and was surprised by what nature had carved into it!

* Talacre scrap.JPG (88.2 KB, 224x317 - viewed 456 times.)

* Sandstone flake.JPG (54.28 KB, 316x223 - viewed 440 times.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 04:40:49 PM by Resurgam » Logged

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 05:46:05 PM »

Blooming ‘eck Chris,  I see you’re single handedly clearing Talacre. that’s a lot of digging. How many outings ? Not one I hope !

I’m usualy fairly good at spotting oddities but, for once I can’t see what’s on the sandstone. Please give us a hint. Don’t like to think I’m missing anything  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 05:47:36 PM by Val Beechey » Logged

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 09:18:47 PM »

Hi Val,
            normally, each green tray now contains the products of one day's beach detecting session but the bottom right tray of the picture is filled with rotting brass cartridge cases recovered from numerous earlier sessions. I do, of course get the occasional goody and a couple of coins. Digging with the sand scoop is now a lot easier than spade work and makes it a lot easier on my back.

I'm presently trying to join the dots that may indicate that some finds may be connected in some way. An old wreck, a large pewter spoon, a heavy piece of lead sheathing, several silver/amber jewellery pieces, copper maritime nails, and a length of boat's hawser.

Chris Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 10:34:31 PM »

I've got a field I go to which yields similar amounts of cases Smiley - slowly upping my tally of different cap badges there too!
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 09:25:05 AM »

Despite the amount of time that I have put in at Talacre, I have never found any military cap badges or insignia. I guess that the RAF ground personnel stayed well clear of the range impact zones.

But having said that; I would have supposed that army personnel must have spent some time in, or near, the Norcon pillboxes.

I do sometimes get the occasional civilian lapel pin. Number one pin speaks for its self but it turned out that number two pin was a WWI 'OUR NAVY' pin. I wonder if it could be classed as a 'sweetheart pin'?

* WWI Lapel pin.JPG (39.66 KB, 223x316 - viewed 343 times.)

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 10:04:24 AM »

I’m usualy fairly good at spotting oddities but, for once I can’t see what’s on the sandstone. Please give us a hint. Don’t like to think I’m missing anything  Roll Eyes

Perhaps a few G&Ts may help!

* What is it.JPG (26.26 KB, 316x223 - viewed 351 times.)

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 09:24:22 PM »

Ah, right, yes now you’ve pointed it out, I can see a sad looking dinosaur. I’ve had a few odd looking stones myself.
Nature is a wonderful. Thanks for the pointer  Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 12:26:54 PM »

Dinosaur? Jeez; I thought wild pig!  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal