Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How far would you go?  (Read 4386 times)
detectordave

« on: June 29, 2009, 08:58:56 PM »

Suppose you find an item the has been lost recently how far would you go to try to find the owners?Personally i have gone as far as putting a ring on to the local radio this was never claimed,just wondering how far other members would go.

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 09:07:34 PM »

well    i w Grin ;Dould  go  straight  home  bud ,,,,,,,, finders  keepers   Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
hedgehog
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 09:15:12 PM »

Reminded me of this story in the paper, a bag with 10 grand in all on it's lonesome, what a tempter!

A Dutch couple has been reunited with a rucksack containing £10,000 cash after it was found in a Lake District street and handed into police.

The bag was discovered in Burlington Street, Ulverston, on Tuesday and taken to the local police station after the unnamed resident checked its contents.

The couple, who had been on business in the UK, had "inadvertently left the bag on the street," police said.

They have since thanked the finder with a cash gift.

Sgt Rupert Johnston, of Cumbria Police, said: "The couple are very relived to have got their money bag, they thought it had gone forever.

"We are very lucky to be living and working in a town where honesty is so evident."

The couple originally mistakenly reported that the bag had been stolen in West Yorkshire.

DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 09:44:43 PM »

ten  grand  cash    Huh Huh Huh       i would give it  back over ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,    to the  person behind the counter  at the  place where  i was  booking  my next  holiday   to   somewhere  tropical    Grin Grin Grin Grin   

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
altinkum

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 10:44:06 PM »

if you lost something of value do you think you'd get it back. finders keepers every time for me

explorers, my arse
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 12:24:03 PM »

If i knew the owner of something that i found i would give it back or if it was an elderly persons wallet,but other than that,no,i would keep it. I lost a very expensive solid gold bracelet that my wife bought me,no-one handed that in,mind you,i didnt tell the wife,she noticed a couple of weeks after i`d lost it,she went balistic. So finders keepers in my eyes too now.

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
ROMAN STEVE
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 10:37:24 PM »

Times are hard now another mans loss is another mans
gain

waltonbasinman
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 06:00:53 AM »

Found a purse in Hereford a few years ago and handed it in to the police station as no address was evident. Contained cash, credit cards and various bits and bobs. What I did not know was there was a ring in one of the pockets that was of huge sentimental value to the owner who turned out to be called Sue as after an hour of being handed in she claimed it from the Police Station and was actually at my home before I got home and she Insisted I take a fifty pound reward for it. Felt proud for a week and as always the fifty pound came in very useful.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal