Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crown Estates beach licence  (Read 4352 times)
tan-y-ddraig
Rally attendee

« on: July 05, 2018, 07:20:24 PM »

Just returning to the metal detecting fold after a good while off and fancy a bit of beach detecting because the ground is like a rock. Had a look at the Crown Estates website as that was where I used to obtain the licence from, but couldn't find a link. So I looked on NCMD site where they say Crown Estates no longer issue the licences.

Do we no longer need a licence or is some other body now responsible for their issue?
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 08:02:49 PM »

No you don’t need a licence at present. I read somewhere that they had suspended issuing them while others options were being considered ? What that might mean is anyone’s guess !
Enjoy while you can. Happy hunting, and welcome to DW.   Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
tan-y-ddraig
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 08:55:43 PM »

Wow! The government GIVING us something . . . Huh

Thanks for the reply - I look forward to reading everybody's exploits!

Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 09:51:57 AM »

Val, as usual, is quite right. The Crown Estates have stopped issuing printable Crown Beach detecting permits by return email but one still has to understand and agree to the Crown Estates beach detecting principles as laid down on their website.

The Crown Estates permit only ever covered one for detecting between the mean low tide line and the mean high tide line. Anything lower than the mean low tide line comes under the receiver of wrecks and anything above the mean high tideline will come under the land owners or the local council.

Any valuables recovered from said beach should be handed in and recorded at the nearest police station as lost property, which may be returned to you after a specified time; if not claimed.

Last year, whilst introducing one of my wife's young relatives to beach detecting, we were pulled by the ASSI manager and the landowner's representative/safety officer and cross-examined as to if we knew that we required Crown permission to detect the beach and if we knew what areas were out of bounds to detecting and digging. We passed with flying colours and earned a few brownie points as well.  Wink 

Stay safe, stay well, and happy hunting

Chris  Smiley

ps...…...please don't forget to backfill any holes, lest you get the rest of us a bad name!  Cry

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
tan-y-ddraig
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 07:32:19 PM »

Thanks Chris,

I did/do know the rules regarding detecting on beaches - used to do quite a bit of it but not for a couple of years. No firm plans yet either, especially since Parcelforce have (up to now) taken 5 days to deliver my detector from the repairers. On a 24-hour service, mind you :-(
win

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 09:59:37 PM »

I wonder if the Crown Estates has been frightened off issuing licences after considering their responsibilities
concerning insurance claims ?
Albus
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 10:19:32 AM »

Crown Estates learned their lesson when they claimed they owned all the gold in the UK and tried stopping people goldpanning
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 08:52:07 AM »

I saw on the news, a few days ago, there’s an ongoing argument, again, about gold panning.
They’re (who) following through on an investigation as to wether it’s legal or not because it’s claimed it’s disturbing the environment.
Something I’d have liked to try. Trouble now is that when I get down I can’t get back up  Roll Eyes ah well such is life!

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 10:32:14 AM »

Hmmmmm! Once made the mistake of getting into the garden trampoline with two boistrous grandschilderen and just couldn's get out again. The kids thought it was graet fun and wouldn't let me escape. Fortunately had my mobile in my pocket and called the daughter to come out of the hose and rescue me.

As for governmental restrictions; they will just move the goalposts to suit them selves. Do you remember the WWII wreck off Russia that was a British war grave but once they realised they could recover the large quantity of gold bullion that it held it became an other story.

Chris Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal