Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free to collect!  (Read 2987 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: July 04, 2018, 01:51:19 PM »

With all my detecting permissions on paddock and pasture pretty hard under the turf and one small permission full of a standing crop, the beach looks to be about the best bet at the moment but with all this sunshine making beach detecting for pensioners just about as attractive as trekking the Sahara, I opted for a bit of DIY in our back garden.

Some years ago I installed a raised fish pond as a feature in our back garden but my wife recently persuaded me to remove said pond and in so doing cut down on some of my monthly work load. With our fish now having been adopted and the water removed, I set about demolishing the brickwork, removing the pond liner as I progressed.

Having disposed of all the brickwork, I now am in possession of an 8'x4' strong, vacuumed moulded, pond liner that  is going free to anyone who wishes to collect it. Post code for collection is WA8.

pm me if you are interested in taking said pond liner off my hands. I would hate to cut the liner up for disposal at our local council tip.

Chris Smiley

ps...…………..I will post pics if it helps!

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 06:36:36 PM »

Going!

* Pond liner A.JPG (61.31 KB, 198x291 - viewed 605 times.)

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 08:06:24 PM »

Looks like a hammer job Chris. They are hard work. I had one many years ago. Used to catch the fish and keep them in a bucket while I cleaned the pump and lights etc.
Fish were jealously guarded by the dog I had at the time. He used to spend ages just watching them.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 09:33:29 PM »

Hammer? Don't mention hammer! I broke the shaft on me 14lb sledge hammer demolishing the built up support for the liner and being made of strong molded plastic the liner probably wont give to a hammer. It is starting to look like I will have cut it up somehow.

It's a shame though, it probably could have saved someone a bob or two.  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal