Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus v equinox  (Read 12559 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 05:34:08 PM »

I was thinking much the same Dungbeetle. May be it’s a good option going for a new coil. I’ve heard some good things about it. Mind you they’re not exactly cheap but a heck of a lot cheaper than even the Nox 600.
Maybe an up grade on the machine you know is the better option. Having said that they weren’t test the depth on those vids. That’s about the only thing, so far, I can say in favour of the Nox, it deep.
Best of luck whichever you choose. Wink

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 06:33:48 AM »

As one who ignored the advice of a wise lady, I wish that I had waited and given the nox some better consideration before buying my Quest Q40. Luckily, I got my machine at a knockdown price (new) with both coils but have been highly disappointed with it's designated beach mode. But then again, I had been spoiled by the performance of my Safari, once I stopped considering chucking it in a pond or hedge.  Angry Angry Grin 

Sounds like the new coil may be the way to go Chris. What price would the new coil be for the Deus?

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2018, 07:42:44 AM »

I had a look around Chris and most I saw are £349.99.

Still a site cheaper than the Nox 600 at £679 or £879 for the 800.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2018, 11:14:20 AM »

I had a look around Chris and most I saw are £349.99.

Still a site cheaper than the Nox 600 at £679 or £879 for the 800. That's the price at Regtons and they normally give a 10%
discount.

outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2018, 08:48:21 AM »

I would think most Deus users would think very carefully before buying the nox, if you are on the other hand looking for a detector, then the nox might be the way to go.

I haven't heard many good reports on the new high Frequency coil for the Deus and have resisted temptation to buy one.

For one howmuch extra depth are you likely to get ? anyone know ??
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 09:21:15 AM »

Anybody move on from say an ETRAC / CTX 3030 to a Nox?

I've just started using a CTX 3030 myself - which apart from the balance (I see I will have to use the arm strap) I'm enjoying very much.

I haven't looked on fleabay yet, but it would be interesting to see if there are people who bought a Nox and are now returning to their previous machines - I'm just thinking of the Blisstool and Makro Racer (btw I might be selling my Makro Racer II, as I just don't use it / like it).
bodybuilder27
Rally attendee

Equinox

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2018, 03:36:31 PM »

I don't want to start a Minelab v XP war like we had a few years ago, just wondering if anyone has used both machines could give a reasonable comparison between the two machines.
I'd like to hear the plus and minus of both detectors. Looking  forward to your input.

I owned the XP Deus for 2 years.

Long story short.....got the Equinox 800, used it for a few weeks, then...sold the Deus!

60% of my detecting is on the beach 40% on pasture.

In my opinion, Equinox definitely beats the pants off the Deus on the beach...very VERY easily.

On pasture I will still have to go with the Equinox, as it's awesome use of multi-frequency.

OR you can choose single frequency.

Gotta wonder, if you walk over a field in 5khz with Deus...what have you missed? So have to go back over in higher frequency......not with the Equinox 800..lol.

Both great machines, but I absolutely LOVE the Minelab Equinox 800.

Matt

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal