Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Deus v equinox  (Read 12697 times)
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« on: June 06, 2018, 03:25:52 PM »

I don't want to start a Minelab v XP war like we had a few years ago, just wondering if anyone has used both machines could give a reasonable comparison between the two machines.
I'd like to hear the plus and minus of both detectors. Looking  forward to your input.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 07:48:46 PM »

Can’t realy be much help with the Deus. It sort of blurs into all the others. It was a real treat after the Safari, weight wise and I did find a half sovereign and my first hammie with it, but I never got to grips with the programming.
I now have the Nox 600 and can confirm the weight, although slightly heavier than the Deus, is negligible. It swings over coke as if it’s not there, it’s extremely sensitive and deep, deep. The recovery is astonishing and the pro gaming is a doddle. Even I can find my way around, and that says a lot. The thing I l8ke most is how accessible the settings are from the pre - Set programs. You can literally change from pre - set to advanced in mid flight, so to speak.
The only down side I and a few others have noticed, is the iron factor. Still working on that one but think my fields don’t help. Be prepared to dig a bit deeper. What I will say about target ID is if you go over something you’ll definately know about it. It doesn’t miss a thing.
I haven’t tried the beach yet, still getting to grips with fields. Work in progress.
The blue tooth is great. As usual the Minelab phones with the 600 are c***p but easily rectified with some much cheaper phones or pods. The bind easily, no trouble. And they stay bound, just press the button on the phones and go.
One thing that a lot have missed is the 600 and the 800 Both run in all frequencies when in a pre - set program. That’s 5, 10, 15, 20 & 40 Kh. There’s hardly anything that the 600 can’t do that the 800 does. Obviously there is no ‘gold’ program on the 600 but who’s got a goldfield to detect anyway. Plus you can only select to detect in 5, 10 or. 15Kh with the 600.
My opinion, for what it’s worth, if you do decide on the Nox save yourself £200 and get a 600.
All I want is some good land  Roll Eyes

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 09:54:09 PM »

It will be interesting to read how you get on with the nox on wet saline beach sand Val.

I wonder if Chris is thinking of trading in his XP?  Wink

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 12:56:26 AM »

interesting read.
Unless a Deus is detecting side by side with you using nox600, I do not really see how the two detectors can be judged against each other, I have been very successful using Deus and my
trusty se pro for years now.

I do like the water proof control box on the nox, though unless I am in the sea or a river which is rare, I have not needed a water proof remote.

If I arrange some farm land for a days detecting would you be interested in comparing signal for signal between the two Huh

I did have a nox800 on order with JA then in January cancelled it, as I had not read or heard enough to make me want to swap lol.

PM me if interested. Grin
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 03:02:07 AM »

Heck of a drive to compare notes outlaw ! Would be interesting though. I have heard and seen on the tube the Nox and the Deus hate the sight and sound if each other ! 
I used to notice that when I met up with one or two on the beach when I had the Deus. 10ft away and they started bristling at each other like a pair of fighting dogs.
Can’t knock the Deus though, it did me proud, even though I never realy understood it.
Come to think of it, I remember I once picked up a silver earring on a spot that a Minelab had just covered.

Give me a shout if you ever come down Tenby way.

rainyday

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 09:44:27 AM »

I’ve got the 800 having moved from a safari, I’m still getting used to it at the moment, so far good results and just starting to pick out the falling from iron.
What I will say tho the depth gauge is useless as pretty much everything shows at plus 8”s also the pin pointing function isn’t the best, I’ve tried various methods with the pin pointing but still not got a sound method of hitting it centre of the plug every time.
With the Safari I could pin point and dig a 6” square plug most of the time and get the target.
D
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 01:47:45 PM »

Come on now raineyday, be honest, how long did it take you to realy know the Safari. How many times did you threaten to throw it in a hedge.
I loved the Safari, as you might remember, but it took a long time to make friends with it. I always said it ‘spoke’ to me.
It was only a weight issue that forced me to buy the Deus. Same thing again, I hated it. Unfortunately we never realy got to be friends.
I’ve seen a few have issues with the pin pointer. The only gripe I have is it picking up near-by iron so you loose the original signal. Only happend on the new field though. I dread to think how it’s going to behave on our beaches !
Remember Patience, Persistence and Perserverance.  Plus we can’t afford to keep changing detectors  Roll Eyes

rainyday

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 02:02:49 PM »

Yes your are right Val,
It took a while to learn the Safari but once learned I lived it but as you point out the weight was the thing for me.
I do think there is an issue with the depth gauge on the nox tho, you will see ppl mentioned it on YouTube. It doesn’t bother me too much even tho the machine was best part of £1k you can start to get a feel for the depth via the tone.
I don’t know how many times I’ve pin pointed from all angles dug an 8” hole only to have missed the target because it’s in the side of the hole.
I find now I don’t use the pin point option much because the recovery is so quick you can swing over the target from 2 directions and generally know we’re it is.
Maybe a software upgrade from Minelab will fix the issues?
All said it is a great machine and I’m sure as you say Val as with the Safari once learned it will be excellent.
D
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 08:36:42 PM »

I have to admit I can’t remember having a target register 8in and not had to dig a bit more and then a bit more still.
That pot lid was a good example. The full 8in on the screen. I thought I was digging to Aussie land. 2 spade lengths. Nearly gave up on it but kept thinking with a number and sound like that it’s got to be something great ! Ha ha .
Oh well all part of the learning curve I s’pose.

outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 11:29:04 PM »

Hi Val,

Did not know how far away you are  Grin,

Seems a shame the thread wasn't started earlier have to blame dungbeetle  Cheesy I was recently on holiday down on Freshwater caravan site in May for a holiday, always take se pro and Deus
with me, we could have met then  Grin

Never mind, will be coming up again shortly will let you know and see if something can be arranged though not on beach, cannot detect with Deus on beach always use se pro.

A also bought Deus because after a couple of hrs with se pro my arms ached awful. In order for me to jump ship and buy nox 800 would have to see some serious failings between detectors on targets and depth etc.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 04:56:32 AM »

If you want deep that’s one thing I can guarantee with the Nox. Early days and still learning the rest.
As you said shame our paths nearly crossed. Maybe next time. I’m sure my Farmer wouldn’t mind an extra visitor for a few hours, crops and weather and life in general allowing. Then I can show you what a cruddy field is realy all about  Grin
Let me know and we’ll see what can be arranged.

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 09:11:32 AM »

DUNGBEETLE.   Being the honest person I usualy am I have to admit to having watched a couple of vids testing the Deus against the Nox.
The big difference seems to be the addition of the small white high freq coil on the Deus. With this attached it beat the Nox hands down on both above and below ground tests.
How fair these tests are I’m not sure. Vids on the tube, have a look.

Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 02:50:28 PM »

Thanks for your replies boys and girls, it gives me food for thought.
Val, I've been thinking about one of the Deus hf coils as s lot of my land is very mineralised and it's difficult to get any depth with the normal coils. I haven't been detecting for a good while so I think a new coil might just give me a bit of encouragement. I was thinking of an Equinox but the thought of those Minelab tones puts me off.
 Thanks again for your replies.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 03:25:24 PM »

And then there is the waiting list Chris!  Roll Eyes

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Dungbeetle
NWDD Member
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 04:22:36 PM »

And then there is the waiting list Chris!  Roll Eyes
Is there still a waiting list after all this time? Must have put a few people off.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal