Deus v equinox

(1/5) > >>

Dungbeetle:
I don't want to start a Minelab v XP war like we had a few years ago, just wondering if anyone has used both machines could give a reasonable comparison between the two machines.
I'd like to hear the plus and minus of both detectors. Looking  forward to your input.

Val Beechey:
Can’t realy be much help with the Deus. It sort of blurs into all the others. It was a real treat after the Safari, weight wise and I did find a half sovereign and my first hammie with it, but I never got to grips with the programming.
I now have the Nox 600 and can confirm the weight, although slightly heavier than the Deus, is negligible. It swings over coke as if it’s not there, it’s extremely sensitive and deep, deep. The recovery is astonishing and the pro gaming is a doddle. Even I can find my way around, and that says a lot. The thing I l8ke most is how accessible the settings are from the pre - Set programs. You can literally change from pre - set to advanced in mid flight, so to speak.
The only down side I and a few others have noticed, is the iron factor. Still working on that one but think my fields don’t help. Be prepared to dig a bit deeper. What I will say about target ID is if you go over something you’ll definately know about it. It doesn’t miss a thing.
I haven’t tried the beach yet, still getting to grips with fields. Work in progress.
The blue tooth is great. As usual the Minelab phones with the 600 are c***p but easily rectified with some much cheaper phones or pods. The bind easily, no trouble. And they stay bound, just press the button on the phones and go.
One thing that a lot have missed is the 600 and the 800 Both run in all frequencies when in a pre - set program. That’s 5, 10, 15, 20 & 40 Kh. There’s hardly anything that the 600 can’t do that the 800 does. Obviously there is no ‘gold’ program on the 600 but who’s got a goldfield to detect anyway. Plus you can only select to detect in 5, 10 or. 15Kh with the 600.
My opinion, for what it’s worth, if you do decide on the Nox save yourself £200 and get a 600.
All I want is some good land  ::)

Resurgam:
It will be interesting to read how you get on with the nox on wet saline beach sand Val.

I wonder if Chris is thinking of trading in his XP?  ;)

outlaw:
interesting read.
Unless a Deus is detecting side by side with you using nox600, I do not really see how the two detectors can be judged against each other, I have been very successful using Deus and my
trusty se pro for years now.

I do like the water proof control box on the nox, though unless I am in the sea or a river which is rare, I have not needed a water proof remote.

If I arrange some farm land for a days detecting would you be interested in comparing signal for signal between the two ???

I did have a nox800 on order with JA then in January cancelled it, as I had not read or heard enough to make me want to swap lol.

PM me if interested. ;D

Val Beechey:
Heck of a drive to compare notes outlaw ! Would be interesting though. I have heard and seen on the tube the Nox and the Deus hate the sight and sound if each other ! 
I used to notice that when I met up with one or two on the beach when I had the Deus. 10ft away and they started bristling at each other like a pair of fighting dogs.
Can’t knock the Deus though, it did me proud, even though I never realy understood it.
Come to think of it, I remember I once picked up a silver earring on a spot that a Minelab had just covered.

Give me a shout if you ever come down Tenby way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page