Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miles o' sand n no detector in hand!  (Read 2795 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: May 27, 2018, 09:19:04 AM »

Recent months have brought a couple of enquiries as to whether I still detect the sands at Talacre and the quick answer is 'yes', I do.

It's a wee while since I recovered anything worth shouting about from Talacre and having been hospitalised for a short while I laid off detecting for a week or two. Once I was back on my feet and getting out I did give Talace a bit of a going over but didn't see much point in posting loads of the same old same old.  Roll Eyes

Last month my wife decided that I could do with a decent break and booked us a month on the Costa Blanca. Sadly, upon arriving in Villajoyosa at 0200 hrs, in the dark, we discovered that the address was correct but the accomodation was none existent. The rest of the story is somewhat drawn out and nightmarish but we survived and now are back in the UK and in need of a holiday to assist our recovery.
I am totally exhausted and drained!  Cry

Once I have reorganised all my detecting gear I will be jetting down to Talacre to see if I can follow up on some of the earlier finds and their geographical relationships to each other.

Just watch this space..................  Wink

Chris  Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 02:20:44 PM »

Oh ! Poor Chris and Mrs Chris. What a terrible experience for you both.
Plus if you’d known we were going to have a heat-wave I s’pose you might not have bothered anyway.
Still you’re home and safe now, which I’m sure will aid your recovery no end. You were missed, by the way.
I’m sure we all look forward to hearing about your further endeavours at Talacre. Just take it a step at a time. Whatever’s there won’t go away. It’ll wait patiently for you.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 02:10:33 PM »

Hi Val,
            tis good to be back in one piece and slowly getting back into the swing of things. The flippin gardens are looking like the day of the triffids and it will probably take an other month to get them back into shape and looking anywhere like neat.

It's years since I seen British weather this hot and sunny. I think I will have to start working the gardens very early in the mornings and adopt the Spanish siesta system for the hottest part of the days.

Stay safe, stay well, and stay out of the noonday sun.

Chris Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 09:53:42 PM »

I can recommend the Spanish style Chris. That’s what I have to do in these temps.
Too long outside makes me quite poorly.
Today I was up at 7am, did a couple of jobs then out with the dogs. Back by 10.30am, did a packed lunch for John (mad dogs comes to mind) to take up the air field.
Then, much to dogs disgust, got the grooming tack out and did 2 clips. Paid dividends, they are much cooler now. Tidied and vacuumed, then my lunch followed by a nice little nap. Can’t beat it.
Trouble is you have to catch up later. Lawns haven’t stopped growing, wish they would.
Realy glad to hear you’re on the mend and getting over you awful experience. Maybe a couple of hours this down Talacre, tides are right.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal