Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: yesterdays finds  (Read 2214 times)
Andre

« on: June 30, 2018, 10:12:37 PM »

winkled out this few items among loads of chunks of lead and all sorts of iron.
went up a welsh hill and on the very top,after about 20 minutes of absolute silence ,bleep,quite strong,3 inches down what looks like an very old spindle whorl.
coming down the side of the hillock i found the welsh badge.
the temperature then was 30,called the day after two hours.

* IMG_4691.JPG (110.24 KB, 640x480 - viewed 502 times.)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 11:08:48 PM »

Well done you on going out in the first place. Nice to find a Welsh Fussilers badge whole. They usualy come up in pieces.
Shame the Welsh soil is so unforgiving on coins. We must find more blanks than anywhere else in the U.K. except maybe Scotland.
Better give it a miss tomorrow, Met. Office have a yellow warning out for S/West Wales. You could get blown up by lightening  Shocked
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 11:11:09 PM by Val Beechey » Logged

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 08:04:09 AM »

Superbly done Andre. I had a few hours on a Welsh beach on Friday and it nearly saw me off; it took forty-eight hours to fully recover but then at 73 I am a wee bit older than your self. I, of course, am fully aware of the gold dance but how do we do  a rain dance?

Chris Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Andre

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 08:23:09 AM »

Ta Val,I don’t think I’ll be going detecting until the weather cools down,I felt like I was about to melt and the soil rock solid and dry so a bit of depth and smaller targets are missed.
I’ve been in the country for 13 years and I can’t remember weather like this.
I’m Portuguese,from the north and this is what we would’ve for the summer months.
I had a look at a surf cam on my local beach and it’s raining and cold,don’t get it?!
Andre

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 08:29:09 AM »

Fair play to you Chris,I wish I’m able to do the same as you when I’m your age!
I’m 42 and fit but I was struggling with the heat.
I’m used to it but over here it’s like it’s searing hot.
And my house it’s like a green house at the moment,if this is the norm every year I’ll shall install thy aircon❄️
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 09:01:27 AM »

I just can't recall having seen it this hot and rainless for such a long period of time and all my inland sessions are cancelled until we have some rain and the ground softens up and the soil conductivity improves.

As for the beach, it will be just a couple of hours starting at the break of dawn, or just before. I wonder if the earth's polarity is shifting, or would that be much more noticeable?

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 09:06:24 AM »

Well done on your finds detecting conditions are a bit savage at present lol.

Greetings from the Dragon.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 02:37:07 PM »

Chris, don’t tell me you’ve forgotten 1976, the year of the heat wave, 6 1/2 weeks like we’ve just had. Not a drop of rain, the appointment of a Minister for Drought.
Don’t think I’ll ever forget it.

The Earths polarity is moving. True North is now in Canada. Who knows if it might affect our weather. I s’pose it could but that wouldn’t explain previous heat-waves.
I thought it was a bit cooler, bored, so thought I’d try a little potter in the garden. Nothing strenuous, just a bit of dead heading and a summer prune on my 4 espalier apples.
I was wrong. It was just as hot, even though the Sun isn’t shining. Wonder if the 10 min rain shower is all we’re going to get. It hasn’t even laid the dust but I think it’s cooled down a bit.
John over-did it yesterday, like you, but he was out longer. Paying the price today. Ha ! Won’t listen. MEN !

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 06:25:13 PM »

Forgotten! Forgotten! Of course I had! Was that the year of hosepipe bans and standpipes? Perhaps this year seems worse cos I is a lot older and not as fit as I used to be.  Roll Eyes

My wife, whatshername, is always complaining about me forgetting the date she got married. Well, if she remembers, why does she ne me to remind her?  Grin
Men eh???  Wink

If the heat has really gotten to your beloved, he may just agree to running a fan tonight.

Chris Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal