Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Equinox  (Read 14246 times)
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2018, 04:10:01 PM »

You put me to shame Jerry.
I had to call it a day with my beautiful Safari after a 3 month lay-off.
I think they’ve done us proud with the Equinox. It ticks all the boxes, especially for some of us older hopefuls.
Stay well, and keep swinging.  Grin

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Andre

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2018, 07:53:39 AM »

I Val,I’m thinking on buying a new detector,I think the one I’ve got now doesn’t work for me,I need multi frequencies and better separation and recovery speeds,god knows what stuff I’ve been living behind.
A mate of mine lend me a Deus for a fortnight and honest the tones drive me crazy,can’t get used to them plus I find the shaft to flimsy.
I’m divided in between the makro multikruizer and the nox 800.
The kruizer has got great reviews and the price is very good for what you get.The nox has Minelab on the name but I’ve heard that they don’t do many after market coils so the Minelab ones can be expensive.
Also don’t know about the costumer service.I would buy a secondhand etrac if they weren’t so heavy.i detect for several hours every time I go hunting.
Any suggestions?
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2018, 03:32:46 PM »

Hi Andre.  Big big questions and I’m not realy qualified to answer any of them I can only speak of my Equinox 600.
Dragonsbreath has a Multi Kruizer.  He seems very happy with it and would willingly give you his opinion of it. Not one I’ve used, so can’t help with that one.
The Equinox 800 . well, there you have a completely different beast. I can only quote from the discussions I’ve seen somewhere else. It’s definately not a switch on and go machine. It’s complicated to get used to, till the penny drops, so to speak. But once you get to grips with what it is capable of, you probably won’t ever want to use anything else. In many ways the two Equinenox’s are the same, though the 800, of course has more features. I’ll send you a P.M. relating to those.
My 600, as already said, is almost the same and it took my a while to sort out how to get the correct settings for U.K. detecting and get rid of ‘the iron problem’ easy, once you know how but a lot for my old brain to cope with. I think the settings have been well sorted now for both machines. (We could do with a user manual specially for the U.K.) the build quality has been critisized and one or two have had minor problems. As there’s still a waiting list, if you should be unlucky enough to have a problem, you can’t just send it back and get a replacement next day. Extra coils is a complaint as well. There aren’t any, not over here. I believe two different ones are available in the USA. Extremely expensive ! Worth mentioning, the Equinox has a built in transmitter. No problem with Bluetooth if you want pods.
The Deus still seems to be a main contender. I had one but never realy got on with it. Like you I hated the tones. Although I have to admit I found some good things with it. The initial cost is, of course, much higher than either the Kruizer or the Equinox but there are extra coils available. Once again, very expensive.
You could really do with a trial run on each machine before you commit but not easy to organise.
Old saying, You pays your money, you takes you’re chance. If you think you’d be OK with the technology I’d say the Equinox but I’m biased  Roll Eyes

dragonsbreath(Paul)
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2018, 05:06:25 PM »

The only thing i will add is the kruzer multi  does not have multi frequencies but does have a choice of three individual frequencies 5/14/19 khz
Whereas the Nox does have a true multi frequency mode.

Greetings from the Dragon.
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2018, 05:35:03 PM »

The only thing i will add is the kruzer multi  does not have multi frequencies but does have a choice of three individual frequencies 5/14/19 khz
Whereas the Nox does have a true multi frequency mode.
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Which is what if you want if you ever beach detect Wink

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2018, 06:18:38 PM »

I have no doubts at all about the ability of the Nox on the beach. However, it won’t detect the goodies at 2 to 3ft which is what I was faced with last week. But, it brings me to something I forgot to mention above.
The pin pointer. It’s really great. Once you’ve locked onto a target number, pressed the pointer button, it holds that number til you tell it o.k. And go back to the program. It totally ignores any other targets and rubbish.
The recovery speed. Adjustable. The swing speed needs to be adjusted to go with a higher setting, i.e. fast swing, higher number. Amazing, it actually works.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 06:20:45 PM by Val Beechey » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal