Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Equinox  (Read 14255 times)
rainyday

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2018, 09:07:21 AM »

Will do, I know what you mean about the gold thing, not found any with the safari. Plenty if silver but no gold
rainyday

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 10:19:55 AM »

Got the equinox and magaged to get out with it a coupe of times, obviously still learning it. Still digging a lot of iron tho as deep iron will come thru clear as a bell as a good signal.
Tried altering the iron mask but still haven’t found a way yet on how to discriminate it .
Any advise would help please.
Thanks
D
Mungo

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 07:02:20 AM »

our m8 sid has a video on youtube about discriminating iron out on the equinox .......engalndshistory. might help..
rainyday

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2018, 08:40:36 AM »

Many thanks
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 06:29:06 AM »

rainyday

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2018, 09:12:06 AM »

OK thanks, I'll take a look
D
Andre

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2018, 06:58:50 AM »

Looks like an interesting machine but I don’t understand all the hype,it’s like the holy grail of detectors and minelab I’ve heard that their costumer service isn’t great.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2018, 08:07:58 AM »

Some iron just will not be ignored, by machine or you, if you don’t want to risk loosing a good dig.
I remember our old friend Geoff trying to explain to us mortals why this happened. As far as I can remember is was along the lines of old iron in the ground degrading over time. As that happens the iron oxidises and flakes and the chemical composition changes so you get a different signal. Now I may have turn his explanation inside out, forgive me if I have, but there by the laws of physics is what and why.
I took my Nox 600 to a field I’ve been to many times with other machines. A field I’ve always thought I should find something in but never have and yesterday was no different. I must conclude I’m in the wrong field  Roll Eyes
It was an interesting outing from a learning point of view. The Nox in Field 1 & 2, Park 1 & 2 will still pick up iron. Just for a giggle I thought what about All Metal. Great. A quick press of the button and instantly you get a lovely bass tone so you know what’s there.
The biggest problem to get over, I found, is the numbers that come up. Numbers that with previous Minelabs we would dig on the Nox seem to be mainly junk. Like 18 being iron ! Shocked
Will be interesting to go somewhere else, where I might find a keeper and see how it reacts. Easy to use machine, big learning curve. The Blue Tooth is great by the way. Ear pods much more comfy than bulky ear muffs. The ones with the package look like fair-ground el-cheapos.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 08:12:06 AM by Val Beechey » Logged

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2018, 06:21:24 PM »

Do you find it a nice light machine?

I'm interested in one of these because of the recovery times - I've got one site where most signals are in the top inch - it's to full of iron and black soil that whatever machine I use it pings all the time -although I've had two hammered last year from it, plus some 400 buttons or so. I went there on Sunday (farmer has just ploughed it) and pulled out a piece of iron plate over a foot long - so the Nox's apparent recovery is of interest to me (I'm also using too big a coil on my ETRAC, but I know that!).
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2018, 09:08:14 PM »

It does what it says on the box. I’m well impressed. I set up a test run at home with different coins and a couple of other bits in between, brass, stainless steel etc.
All in a line, like on YouTube, with just a few inches between them.
It was a bit like a magic trick. Ping, ping, ping, pong, ping, ping, pong. John was fascinated and watched in awe. The faster I swung the faster the sounds.
The numbers rolled up and down that fast I couldn’t keep up with them. Then I noted the number on the £2 coin and stoped as soon as it came up, pressed the pin point and zero’d in on it. I was also impressed how it held the number while the pin point was on ignoring the other objects. It did the same in the field yesterday so no fluke.
So far I’m very impressed in general. Except for the ear phones. They really are awfull but I’d already made up my mind to go wireless before ordered, no transmitter needed. After finding out that the 600 uses all 5 frequencies in auto I wonder why so many are buying the 800 and spending another £200 just so they can detect solely in 2 other frequencies. It isn’t as if there’s that much gold lying around !
Go on get one ordered, you know you want to  Grin

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2018, 11:35:18 PM »

It does what it says on the box. I’m well impressed. I set up a test run at home with different coins and a couple of other bits in between, brass, stainless steel etc.
All in a line, like on YouTube, with just a few inches between them.
It was a bit like a magic trick. Ping, ping, ping, pong, ping, ping, pong. John was fascinated and watched in awe. The faster I swung the faster the sounds.
The numbers rolled up and down that fast I couldn’t keep up with them. Then I noted the number on the £2 coin and stoped as soon as it came up, pressed the pin point and zero’d in on it. I was also impressed how it held the number while the pin point was on ignoring the other objects. It did the same in the field yesterday so no fluke.
So far I’m very impressed in general. Except for the ear phones. They really are awfull but I’d already made up my mind to go wireless before ordered, no transmitter needed. After finding out that the 600 uses all 5 frequencies in auto I wonder why so many are buying the 800 and spending another £200 just so they can detect solely in 2 other frequencies. It isn’t as if there’s that much gold lying around !
Go on get one ordered, you know you want to  Grin

I do want to buy one, but I also have to pay for my car Sad - that's in June, so I'm not meant to spend any money until that's paid off Smiley

I did think about the 600, but having found some gold, I'm interested to see if there was any other that I missed - and I've never found a gold (or indeed a silver) ring. Don't really care about the wireless bit......
bodybuilder27
Rally attendee

Equinox

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2018, 03:42:22 PM »

the arm rest make that detector look like a ace 250 so hope they will try to update the design a little and i will probably get one but for now its Non merci. Grin

OMG...I've just read the most hilarious post ever. Grin

Ace 250? Grin

Yeah, I'm sure if you write a strongly worded letter to Minelab, they would call an emergency meeting with the whole design team and come up with a non-ace 250 looking arm rest, Just for you....lol. Roll Eyes

Got my Equinox from LP Detecting after being on waiting list and love it so much...Deus = sold!!

Equinox....DANG! I love it.
Matt
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2018, 08:12:49 PM »

As time goes by it’s amazing what you finally cotton onto with a new detector.
A simple remark and things make sense. The NOX has an Iron Bias setting. Easy to use from the Pre-Set menu and boy does it make a difference. Also pre-Set plus a touch of a button and you’re in All Metal. Now that just about clinches the iron problem.
The advanced settings are all easy to use in program. No need to come out, adjust and go back in. Also changing to a single frequency, one press, plus or minus, in program, and you’re in 5, 10 or 15 kh.
Big problem I have at the moment is remembering all the things you can do.
Last outing iron virtually ceased to exist. I only dug one small piece.
The more I use this detector the more I like it. 
Probono would love the Recovery Speed adjustment. Just the job for realy junky fields. Best hurry up and get the car paid for  Roll Eyes

probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2018, 09:18:04 PM »

As time goes by it’s amazing what you finally cotton onto with a new detector.
A simple remark and things make sense. The NOX has an Iron Bias setting. Easy to use from the Pre-Set menu and boy does it make a difference. Also pre-Set plus a touch of a button and you’re in All Metal. Now that just about clinches the iron problem.
The advanced settings are all easy to use in program. No need to come out, adjust and go back in. Also changing to a single frequency, one press, plus or minus, in program, and you’re in 5, 10 or 15 kh.
Big problem I have at the moment is remembering all the things you can do.
Last outing iron virtually ceased to exist. I only dug one small piece.
The more I use this detector the more I like it. 
Probono would love the Recovery Speed adjustment. Just the job for realy junky fields. Best hurry up and get the car paid for  Roll Eyes

Well car was paid for this week, but then I bought a second hand CTX 3030 last week.......two detectors in a month would be a bit greedy Smiley I'm still tempted though - the recovery speed between junky targets (and the different frequencies) are some of the things I'm interested in Smiley

I used the CTX on the weekend - I took the arm strap off because I don't use them on anything else, and I just found it a bit unbalanced - I'll have to put the arm strap back on me thinks.....
JBM

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2018, 01:34:00 PM »

One drawback with Minelab is the weight factor.

I purchase my first one in 1988, but called it a day when the lightweight machines hit the market place.

My finds rate never really changed from those days, but even as an Octogenarian I can still keep going without a Harness.

All thanks to modern day technology. Wink Smiley

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal