Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nice bit o' sunshine  (Read 2393 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: March 25, 2018, 09:58:22 AM »

Zoomed down to Talacre yesterday morning and hit the beach by 06.45 hrs. By lunch time my digital camera had thrown a hissy fit, my headphones gave up the ghost, and I broke a weld on my digging trowel. To top it all, I didn't find a single coin!  Roll Eyes  Not to worry, there is always next time!  Wink

The Safari performed well and it sniffed out plenty of scrap brass and copper. The pleasant sunshine brought out plenty of dog walkers and four other detectorists.

Chris  Grin

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 09:23:19 PM »

Sounds like it wasn’t really your best day Chris. We’ve all been there  Roll Eyes

I decided to give the new machine a try out at the beach a few days ago. Bad, bad decision. My own fault, I really didn’t know what the machine was saying to me, like listening to a foreign language. Plus I haven’t mastered the controls yet. I’m pacified by the thought that it can’t be as bad as the Safari when I first had it.
I came home with an interesting lump of black concretion. Last time I found one like it I cracked it open and out popped a bull head 6p. No such luck this time, it was a modern penny, in 3 parts.

Like you said, always another time.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 11:13:33 PM »

Glad to hear that you are getting out and getting back into the swing of things Val. I'm guessing that your new machine will prove to be an interesting adventure for you. I had similar problems when I took my new Quest Q40 for it's first beach visit and couldn't really understand what it was telling me, It didn't help that some of the settings instructions were missing and not at that time included in the instruction booklet.  Mind you, when I first started using the Safari I occasionally felt like chucking it the nearest pond!  Grin

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal