Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi all total newbie from rhondda  (Read 3776 times)
Dar
Rally attendee

« on: February 26, 2018, 05:14:48 PM »

Hi all
After years of thinking about trying detecting as a hobby to get me out and about I've finally bought a Garrett ace 300i,,,and a shovel  Smiley been out twice so far both times to the old ww2 firing range in Newton porthcawl and my very 1st find was the classic pop can ring pull never ever did I think I'd get so excited discovering the top bit of a coke can!!! Did manage to find good few bullets so was great really enjoying it so far,since getting the detector and reading up I've found that the beach seems to be one of the few places I can legally detect from some of the stuff ive read I felt quite nervous detecting my own garden Smiley anyway I'm going to stick at it as so far so good really enjoyed the couple of times I've been out and if anybody near Rhondda is going out and fancies a newbie tagging along please get in touch,I'll even bring my shovel Smiley
paulpop

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 02:34:03 AM »

hi' you should join the rhonnda artifacts and research enthusiasts or R.A.R.E metal detecting club , we meet at the Trehafod and district social club every fortnight on a weds , next meeting is weds 7th march at 7:30 everyone is welcome member or not , pop along and meet a few members or just sit and watch , we have our own land in the vale of glamorgan that members are allowed on, you can get a few tips too . pop along
Dar
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 12:42:58 PM »

Great thanks for the info I'll defiantly give it a try
relicron

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 01:01:32 PM »

Hello dar,great hobby this detecting,& yes good bunch of boys ,and girls mind,in that club,as me & my friend tom have met them.all the best dar,Ron & Tom. Wink
Dar
Rally attendee

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 06:59:50 PM »

Thanks mate yeah really enjoyed the couple of times I've gone out ,may give them a try would be good to get out with some experienced detectorists who could hopefully give me some tips
congerman
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 08:48:37 AM »

welcome to the forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal